Hello, my friends. My cousin got jaundice. I must admit that she is yellow. We all first thought she had hepatitis and she went to a doctor. But, I began to think that this might be something more serious. Could this be sign of liver cancer? I would really appreciate all your replies.

Hello to you too. Jaundice is a yellow discoloration of a skin and the whites of one’s eyes. You are right. This is a sign of hepatitis. Nevertheless, it can also be a sign of liver cancer. You haven’t mentioned whether your cousin had other symptoms. For liver cancer, they would be: weight and appetite loss, pain in the right side of abdomen, enlarged liver, nausea and vomiting, general weakness, swelling of a belly, etc. Only symptoms are not enough for diagnosing liver cancer. There are some other tests to be done. I hope your cousin will feel all right. Bye!