I've been getting lightheaded sporadically since 12/24. I've been to a neurologist, cardioligist, ear/nose and throat, eye doctors. They've found nothing. I know this is not normal for me. I keep coming up with theories like dried out sinuses from too much allegraD, flonase, dehumidifier etc. Also, I've been thinking maybe it has to do with that I am 39 and still have my top wisdom teeth. Could there be a connection? If someone could give me something to go on, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!!

I've read somewhere about similar symptoms for panic disorder?!?

The signs and symptoms of panic disorder include a wide variety of heterogeneous conditions, and there is no clearly defined clinical syndrome. According to the fourth edition of the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, panic disorder is characterized by the abrupt onset of fear or discomfort that peaks in approximately 10 minutes and is accompanied by at least four of the following symptoms:

* palpitations, pounding heart, or rapid heart rate
* sweating
* tremor
* sensations of smothering or shortness of breath
* feeling of choking
* chest pain or discomfort
* nausea or abdominal distress
* dizziness, lightheadedness, or faint
* feelings of unreality
* fear of losing control or "going crazy"
* fear of dying
* paresthesia
* hot flashes

The diagnosis requires that panic attacks either recur unexpectedly every 2 weeks or that a single attack be followed by at least 1 month of (1) persistent concern about future attacks, (2) worry that the attacks will cause physical illness or insanity, or (3) significant changes in behavior related to the attacks.

Does these symptoms coincide with yours?

Join the crowd! I have been dizzy and my eyes won't focus for 2 years. I have seen all the doctors, the ear institute,,, had MRI's and everything, No one has found a thing....I am dizzy all the time........I am carefully watching the reactions to your blog. Help!

I have been feeling lightheaded since I was 18, I'm now 25. It improved for a while but has not worsened. My doctor sent me to an ENT specialist however they found nothing, he did suggest that I may be habitually hyperventilating however I'm not sure this is the case, it gets worse whn I drink or smoke so I am going to try and cut that out.

Radames65 wrote:

I read everyone's posts and remembered that I had dizzyness/lightheadedness for about a year. Having a bit of medical background, I researched a lot and finally found that statin drugs, used to lower cholesterol can cause these symptoms. I stopped taking it and al the dizzyness went away. Doctor swears it can't be true, but hey......worked for me!

I have been suffering from feeling light headed or dizzy for several months. I have seen three seperate GPs, a neurologist, optometrist and have been having osteopathic therapy for 5 months. I have had a CT scan of my inner ear and head, blood tests and xrays of my neck. Blood tests were OK and CT scan cleared me of abnormality of the braain and inner ear. The experts seem to agree that my problem is caused by some minor arthritis in my neck, shown up in the xrays. I am not so sure, as I have been having contstant treatment for this, with little relief. I do suffer from lower back pain and some stiffness in the neck but not alot of neck pain. My eye tests revealed some long sightedness, this could contibute to my dizziness but not be the main cause. Nothing in particular seems to cause the dizziness. I am having no trouble sleeping but shortly after getting up and moving around the dizziness begins. I am becoming increasingly frustrated as I am a fairly active person but am now finding it difficult to just walk around without feeling dizzy. I have increased my water intake and am taking fish oil to help with my arthritis but nothing is changing. I hope this may help some of you who are feeling the same and any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

It happened with me and my I have post nasal drip as well , I'm 45 year's old and goin into the menopause. My right side nose ,face and neck give me some painfull time too.

I tryed coconut oil in the base of my right nose and with cotton-tip a litlle furter.

Chek if yor liver, gallblander is ok too.

I have been suffering from feeling light headed/dizzy from Mid April. I also have weakness in my legs and hot flashes in my face from time to time. I have seen my doc, a neurologist, optometrist and have had an MRI, CT scan and blood tests. Everithing was OK. I am having no trouble sleeping but shortly after getting up and moving around the dizziness begins. I am becoming increasingly frustrated. Neurologist tald me to increase my water intake as I am breastfeeding (my baby is 6 and a half month). My PCP told me that it might be my hormones and that I should be fine once I stop breastfeeding. I am thinking to stop to see if it will stop. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Several years ago, I had bouts of unexplained constant lightheadedness also; it felt like I might pass out at any second. I underwent the various tests/specialists mentioned in related posts, with no findings that would cause lightheadedness. (During this testing period, my dr. put me on meclizine (OTC Bonine), which is for motion-sickness, and it did help some.) Lack of physical findings pointed the drs. to anxiety as the cause. I was not aware of any causes of anxiety in my life, but went to the psychiatrist, who told me that anxiety can be genetic, meaning even if you feel that your life is 'peachy', (no external causes for anxiety), you may still have anxiety, one of the symptoms being lightheadedness. They started me on Lexapro 20, and shortly thereafter, the lightheadedness went away. I have also been told that lightheadedness can be a symptom of perimenopausal women.

For the past year I have been getting lightheaded. It seems to happen more in public crowded places like restaurants, bars, shopping malls etc. The weird things is that once I sit down in a crowed room I am perfectly fine. I only get dizzy when I am standing up. I can always tell when I am getting dizzy becuase my heart starts pounding, I start to get hot and then I get dizzy. I never thought I would have anxiety but what could this be. It just started happening a year ago and it keeps getting worse. Now I am always wondering if I am going to pass out when I am in public. Starting to get embarrassing.

Sounds like maybe Nuerally-Mediated-Hypotension. Try going to

http://www.immunesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm/ID/3499/e/1/T/CFIDS_FM/ You can get more information there

Dizziness can also be related to migraines. Seeing a neuro that is a migraine specialist would be a good way to rule this in or out.

HELLO GUYS,AFTER MANY YEARS OF VISITING DOCTORS AND COMING BACK MORE CONFUSED I THINK I KNOW THE CURE . MAGNESIUM TRY TAKING 500MG -1000MG PER DAY I KNOW YOU WILL FEEL BETTER. XD

My daughter is complaining of constant dizziness and lightheadiness sometimes with heart palpitations and is about to go through a battery of tests so far her bloods are clear and although I believe it is to do with anxiety she says she is worried about nothing and life is wonderful she does suffer from sinus problems and I think I will ask her do do some some reflexology as I think this will help her I will keep you posted as to how this develops.