Hi, my mother was diagnosed with jaundice but not it is confirmed that she has some pancreatic disorder too. What is the connection between jaundice and pancreas? And is it possible to suffer have both organs suffering in the disease?

Generally, jaundice is related to liver disorder but can be associated with bile ducts blockage or cancer of pancreas. Since pancreatic canser is extremely unpleasant condition, and you didn’t mention any extreme suffer, I suppose that it is a case of jaundice not related to pancreas. All internal organs are very delicate to examine and treat so many analysis are needed in order to put a right diagnose. A blood test will confirm the raised bilirubin level and other tests such as those for hepatitis and haemolysis can provide more information relate to this condition. Ultrasound is a good way to inspect the liver and pancreas gland if any dysfunction is assumed.