I am a male in my early fifties. About a year and a half ago I had unprotected sex with another male. About a week or so later I noticed
a lesion behind my ear. Soon I got red bumps, lesions and rash in numerous
other locations all over. I also got itchy and felt hot, burning feeling especially in my face and feet. Urinating also had a burning sensation.
I have been to many doctors and been tested thoroughly for STDs. So far
there is no answer to what this is. All of these symptoms persist today.
I am suffering and don't know what else to do. Any ideas?

hi, could it have been more like 2-3 weeks after the incident?

i dont want to freak you out but have you been tested for HIV?

I cannot remember the exact timing of that first lesion.
I have been tested several times for HIV and the results have been negative.

Listen, during the first 3-4 months you may have the HIV infection, but not present in the blood-stream hence the test may be ineffective. I don't want to ruin your life, but the name symptoms are signs of the HIV infection.

I often wonder if it is HIV infection. I was just retested and still get negative result after 19 months. My understanding about HIV is that an infected person gets flu-like symptoms for a brief time and then the symptoms go away for a long time (as in years). My symptoms have been around since almost the beginning. The symptoms were changing a lot at the beginning but now are consistent. I get burning feeling around eyes, mouth, and feet.
My lips feel puffy with lesions or ulcers inside sometimes. I feel yucky and get hot when trying to sleep. I have lost about 15 pounds but now seem to be stable. My skin is easily irritated. Red areas appear on my skin especially on my lower chest. Red bumps sometimes appear in various places and then usually go away after a few days. Urinating feels like burning. My doctor said it could be psychosomatic but I find that hard to believe.

Update on my condition: For several months now, when I get up in the morning I find strange lines in my skin. Usually they are on my upper torso and look like indentations. The skin in the affected area will often appear reddish in color and feel hot. After about an hour the lines go away. I took pictures and sent them to a skin doctor. He wants me to get tested for allergies. I have been taking Doxepin which helps me sleep. Itching all over is still a big problem. Burning sensations occur all over especially in my hands and feet. Skin bumps occur regularly. My penis has burning sensation when I urinate. There was an area in my groin that had red bumps but that was cured by applying clotrimazole-betamethasone cream. Also, a spot on my nose that would get scaly has cleared up. My lips often have ulcers or sores appear.

It's sad to hear of someone with long term suffering of any kind and not being able to figure out what it is. Hopefully this will be related to some medication or is something that will cure itself etc.

It's situations like this that make me go........ lets face it, anal sex = way more bleeding then vaginal and therefore = more diseases etc.

Perhaps random partners should not be a part of the gay life style at least for men?

I personally disagree w/ the life style all together but then again I'm not partaking in it so it doesn't affect me much EXCEPT that ......obviously it spreads disease throughout humans in general. It seems you have no communication w/ this random partner at which point I would ask WHY did you do this act w/ a person you didn't know. What a damn mess this world is.

How about use protection and don't have 1 night stands, oh and dont partake in anal sex.

Lastly... I'm not the biggest religious person in the world that's for sure lol but... when I read the list of sins by a few religions particularly Christianity I go "HMM that makes a lot of sense" "no adultery, no anal sex, don't lust for your neighbors wife, etc." Have a hard time fighting the things mentioned sometimes. Sometimes it seems like their just a bunch of rules for our own good. But ehh who am I right.

- Person

Thanks for your post. You asked why I did this act with a person I didn't know. I think it was driven by a very strong sexual desire. It blinded my common sense. So for anyone reading this who is considering random sex (of any kind) please think again! It is not worth the risk. If you really need relief, masturbation is about as safe as you can get. Otherwise, find or keep a partner in whom you trust. There is much to be said for religious guidelines that promote abstinence or monogamy. I just had a large ulcer on my lower lip that I attribute to this unidentified infection. Do you want to daily face such symptoms? A few minutes of sexual gratification are not worth it! Please, be safe, not sorry.

I find your post highly offensive but then again I am just another example of what you wrote, a gay man with HIV. Funny isn't it? I mean it's not as though heterosexuals catch HIV through Vaginal sex is it. And if you're catholic you're screwed as you can't wear a condom. Funny thing religion isn't it. Then again, so are people, as the saying goes, "nowt so gay as folk."

You know, maybe you are looking at it the wrong way. It might not even be an STD at all. I was looking in other languages to see your symptoms more broadly and came across the following: Fungus in your skin eg. Mycosis.

It can also be Hyperthyroidism, Accelerated hypertension, Acute stress disorder, Adrenal Cancer, Adrenal adenoma, familial, Adrenal gland hyperfunction, Adrenal hypertension, Adrenal incidentaloma, Adrenal medulla neoplasm. It could also be age related, or do you drink alcohol?... Heck it could even be dehydration.
Look at all the symptoms of what I put here and see what relates to you the most, that way you can get your doctor in this shitty medical system to actually do the right test!

If worse come to worse take a trip to Canada and see a new doctor all together just tell him your symptoms but don't assume or relate them to anything or your sexual encounter... maybe they can figure it out.

Good luck! I'm sure there is a simple explanation to it, or several. Your sexual encounter might have just been a totally unrelated and a coincidence. You can always ask the person you slept with to see if they feel anything weird:)

Dear, I went through same situation after having un-protected sex with a female partner for 12 years. Different doctors with different subscription but This is a skin related problem such as fungal problem. Meet any skin specialist ( Well KNOWN in SKIN CARE) and not to worry.

Dear, redflash.
I have exactly the same symptons that you have. I've been running at doctors for about 9 monts now, been tested for many STD, HIV also which are still negative. If you find out what's 'wrong' with you please share it with us. I do hope for me and for you that it's nothing serious...

Dear Guest,

Sorry to hear you also have trouble. I still don't have an answer. Of course if I do find one I'll post it right away. Please do the same. Can you relate your symptoms to one sexual encounter?

Redflash

I'm so confused.
I've breaking out in some weird bumps that appeared very quick...a burning rash on my hands and feet, so I went online to try to figure out what's wrong with me and I get this stupid thing, I HAVE burning bumps...are you telling me I have aids. no way never never never. Because if I have it he has it too....you know? i don't know what the symptoms..I hope it's just odd...Its just

What did it turn out beening? Chancroid? Did you ever get an answer?