How do 1 know he or she is sexually infected and What are some of the drugs to take ?
Regards

Thats a tricky question to answer! There are MANY different types of STD's/STI'S some are hidden and have no symtpoms till after! Such as Herpes, it flares up and then is dormant! There is antibiotics for SOME, but most there is no cure - just treatment! IF you are worried I would suggest you BOTH being checked by a STD/STI clinic! They will test for ALL STD'S Either way, ALWAYS wear a condom - NEVER just take a chance - ESPECIALLY with a new partner or someone that hasn't been tested! Some STD's have risen by 200 - 500% in the last 5 years! These include Gonorrhea and Syphilis - these were thought to be virtually non existant, and now have come back with a vengence!! A city near where I live has seen an increase in Syphilis by 2000%%%%%%%% !!!!!!! In the last 5 years!!!! this is unbelievable. So get checked out before ANY sexual contact OK? Because some can even be passed by mouth!! Good luck and health!

I french kissed a guy, received unporitected oral sex from him, he fingered me, I sat on his penis(which was covered by HIS semen-soaked underwear but I had no underwar on when I sat on it), and after I got up, the upper part of my thighs and buttocks felt wet, and I also got some of his pre-cum on my finger, then wiped it off on his shirt, then a few seconds later, I touched my labia minora with that figner that once had precum on it.(I think most it not all of the precum should have been wiped off, but I didn't see how much I wiped of before I touched my labia minora with that finger, since this happened so fast), and I also kissed the shaft of his penis(which felt dry and my lips also felt dry and I had no cuts on there) twice, liek 2 pecks, so am I at risk of getting any std, including HIV? I did test for gonorrhea, chlamydia and syphilis and it cam back negative. What about HIV? I didn't test for that, am I at risk for HIV? This happend almost 6 years ago.

Hi Sandi! HIV can take up to 12 years to show up!!! There was a famous tennis star called Arthur Nash! He received HIV 12 years after a blood transfusion. So to put your mind at ease just get tested! Any mucous membrane is thinner than regular skin, mucous membranes are internal, such as Vagina, Anus, mouth, etc. So just to put your mind at ease! I REALLY don't think you have HIV, but put your mind at ease and get tested! And also to make sure in the future NEVER have sexual contact without him wearing a condom! OK? Good luck and health!

bambi27, why are the labia minopra considered to be skin and NOT mucous membrane then? am I at riak of getting HIV from these things that I did?

Hi Sandi! The Labia Minor is still outside the body! It is the same as a mans scrotum sac! Think of Mucous membrane anything that is moist - such as your vagina, your anus, your inside your nose, the inside of your eyelids etc.

Once again hon! I REALLY REALLY REALLY doubt you contracted HIV! And yes you COULD have contracted it IF he was HIV positive and that's a BIG IF!! Also IF he had HIV or found out later that he had HIV he HAS to let all of his past people he had sexual encounters with that he has HIV and they have to be tested! So to put your mind at ease, go to your local STD clinic and just get the test and get this out of your mind, so you don't have to worry about it OK? Good luck and health honey!

bambi27,

You mean the labia minora are the external female genitalia, right? HIV doesn't pass through them, right? They're like the skin of your lips?

okay, i'll consider gettign tested, but I don't agree with what you said about getting out of my mind. If I test positive, then I'm going to die. Will that get out of my mind? I don't think so. I'll die.

Sandi! I have attached some information about HIV for you!

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/qa19.htm

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/transmission.htm

http://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/stds/AIDS.html#

I KNOW you are worried about it! I'm not saying just to get it out of your mind, because it's a VERY scary thing! However, I TRULY do not think you have HIV!! IT has been six years already! Even though there has been cases of upto 12 years after, this isn't the usual case! So the only way of finding out yes or no IS to get tested!

I just found this link for you! It is a wonderful informative site! So IF and I really mean IF you have HIV it is not a death sentence OK? REad this and I hope it puts your mind at ease. Phone different clinics to find out what kind of test they do for HIV is it the 2 week one! Or the new 30 minute one? OK?

http://www.aidsvideos.org/scripts/HIV_Not_Death_Sentence.html

Knowledge is power! And the more you find out about the state of your health the better! And when it comes out negative, then you will know what to do in the future!!! Good luck and health honey!

bambi27, what did you mean when you said it has already been 6 years? What does that mean?

And like you said, the labia minora are skin, because theyr'e external, correct?

This happend almost 6 years ago. Quote:

You would have had some sort of symptoms in this time period!

IF you read the links, it also mentions about liquids coming in contact with the outside of the vagina too!

They mentioned the LOW possibility of contracting HIV from oral sex and french kissing! But like I stated, the odds of you having HIV are VERY low to zero! Just get tested that is what you should do to put your mind at ease!

bambi27, okay okay.

But for my own knowledge, the labia minora ARE skin, right? because theyr'e external?

bambi27, okay, okay I will.

For my own info, are the labia minora b/c theyr'e external genitalia and not internal?

Thats right! They are skin and are external genitalia! Just like a mans scrotum! They are not considered Mucous Membranes! So good luck and fingers crossed - I KNOW you are fine! OK?

Hey there, do you have an update for us? I'd like to hear how you're doing Sandi! Let me know if you're still around okay? :-) Thanks so much!

Hi Sandi, like bluedog, I'd like to see how you're doing? Have you gotten a test or anything like that? I'd like to hear how you're doing. Thanks!