I have 5 small red areas no more then a couple millimeters around the shaft of my penis and I am worried about an STD. I have been tested for HIV/AIDS, gonorrhea, and clamydia. I am afraid I might have herpes or something. They are not hard or scaly, and are not itchy or burning. They are just red bumps that I noticed early today. I have only been with three women in my life and I have been dating the girl I am with now for almost a year. Should I be concerned with STDs or is this normal?

It is hard to say.

Since these red bumps are not painful, itchy or burning....and cause you no problems, I wouldn't worry about them.

If you want an answer, I'd wait until my next doctor's visit, for whatever reason, and then ask for them to be seen. The doctor should put your mind to rest, as he's seen it all before. He'll be able to identify if you have any cause for worry and treatment if necessary.'

But frankly, I don't see a need for treatment with what you've shared.

PS: I hope that you are always using protection with your gf. It's the smart way to go... 8-|

Thank you for responding to me I greatly appreciate it. Do you think it could from having dry skin and masterbating? I was just trying to think of how they would get there? Thanks again.

Maybe, but it could just as likely be the type of lube or hand lotion that you are using.