Hello! I have been diagnosed with Uveitus. My sight is impaired. I suffer from photophobia and experience severe pain in the eyes. I am 15 years old. Can you explain to me what exactly happened as I couldn’t listen to the doctor at the moment he was talking ? Thank you. Oh yes, I remember that I have anterior uveitis.

You should know that you suffer from a very rare disease. At about 11000 children suffer from it in USA. Uveitis is an inflammation of the middle layer eye called “uvea” of course. Uvea consists of three parts and if any of these parts gets inflamed, it is called Uveitis. The front part is called iris, which gives eye its color. Iris changes its shape so that he can allow different amounts of light to come into the eye. The cilciar body is in the middle and it makes the fluid for the eye. The third part is called chorois and it provides eye with a blood. In the case of Anterior Uveitis, either iris or ciliary body get inflamed. Iris inflammation is the most common. This inflammation demands constant monitoring so it wouldn’t lead to raised eye pressure or cataract. There is no cure for this disease but it can be stabilized and although it can lead to blindness, blindness can be prevented and the disease stabilized. The treatment depends is different for each case.

toxoplasmosis
after 6 mo. of treated and losing more vision in eye at age 15 ....will's eye
in philly saw the connection between left eye uvie and cat feces
blood count very active and high
now have 30 years later.... problems with it
cw