Hi. I'm one middle age woman and until this happened I have never had any problems with my eyes and vision.
Of course, I wore glasses over than twenty years but my diopter was in some normal limits concerning my age.
But, a month ago I started to feel significant loss of vision.
Of course I contacted my doctor immediately and he sent me to some ophthalmologist to do some ophthalmoscope examination and so I did.
Doctor found that I have some damage to the optic nerve caused by hi pressure in eyeball.
So, after a day or so he set the final diagnosis-I suffer from glaucoma.
I know a bit about this disease but I was wondering could anybody tell me more about this disease and possible treatment.
Thank you!

I believe I can help you because I suffer from glaucoma almost 15 years now.
First of all, I don’t know what type of glaucoma you have because there are several types of it, but let us say that, in generally, glaucoma is the name for a group of eye diseases in which the optic nerve is damaged.
You probably already know that the normal eyeball is filled with a watery fluid called aqueous humour, which creates pressure and helps maintain the shape of the eyeball
The fluid drains back into the bloodstream through sieve-like channels called the trabecular meshwork.
You understand know that everything that causes obstruction of these channels can cause increased pressure in the eyeball and as a consequence- damage of the optic nerve.
There are two main types of glaucoma, open angle glaucoma and closed angle glaucoma. I already describe you the first type caused by some partial block in drainage channels.
Second type, closed angle glaucoma, is caused by complete blockage of the trabecular meshwork, and can result in permanent blindness if not treated promptly.
You asked me about possible treatment. There are several different types of medicine available to help lower the internal pressure of the eye by increasing the flow of fluid out through the trabecular meshwork, or by reducing production of fluid.