Anyone affected with this disease? How long have you had this problem and what treatments are you receiving?

Yes i was diagnosed with this disease back in 2006. It has been difficult to manage. I now only wear contact lenses for special occasions and then wake up with blood shot eyes. I started Restasis in December 2007.
any suggestions?

i have tried acuvue oasys contacts, daily contacts...but continue to have trouble wearing contacts.

Superior limbic keratoconjunctivitis is disease which affects the surface of the eye. It is characterized by episodes of recurrent inflammation of the superior cornea and limbus. Also inflammation can affect superior tarsal and bulbar conjunctiva.

It is unknown what is causing this condition but some researchers think that mechanical trauma from tight upper lids or loose redundant conjunctiva can lead to the disruption of normal epithelium. This research has been proven to affect more thyroid patients, who are known to have an increased incidence of superior limbic keratoconjunctivitis.

Usual symptoms of this condition include red eye, burning, tearing, foreign body sensation, mild photophobia. Lubrication is an effective treatment for this condition but it should be prescribed by the doctor of course.

I had this condition back in 1973. It was treated with silver nitrate. They actually painted the under side of my upper eyelids with the silver nitrate, daily, for about a month. It cleared up the condition and I haven't had any recurrence. That following year, I was diagnosed with Graves Disease (a thyroid condition) which I have now learned, frequently follows or accompanies this eye condition.