Hello everyone.

My mom called me today. She is freaked out because she saw that her dog has those clouded eyes. I think that her dog is not that old (he is five years old) so I don’t believe that aging is the reason of it.

Or I am wrong?

Anyway, I believe that her dog is sick but I don’t know what is the cause of it?

Can you tell me what dog’s eye disease are causing clouded eyes?

Is it dangerous and can it be healed?

She told me that it is not that much clouded but still she is very worried.

Hello. Usually clouded eyes are connected with dog’s aging. But it doesn’t have to be like that. There are five diseases that cause clouded eyes in dogs. First one is nuclear sclerosis. This condition is a normal change to the lenses of the eye that occurs dogs when they are in age of six. That is not a case for your dog, but you should check it no matter what. It could be cataracts. They can progress very slowly but sometimes it is faster . Glaucoma is also a condition of increased pressure within dog’s eye. Those three causes are something that I know about. I don’t know what to tell you about others.

Hello guys.

Yes, Dog Whisperer. Those are the most common diseases that are causing clouded eyes in dogs. I need to tell you that if you notice your dog’s eyes are becoming clouded it is important to make an appointment with your vet. Some condition can be very harmless and painless and some of them can affect your dog’s vision.

Two other disease that can cause clouded eyes in dogs are corneal dystrophy. That is an inherited, progressive condition that affects both eyes. It is not painful.

Other is anterior uveitis.

But of course, the treatment option will depend on the diagnosis. The condition should be treated aggressively to prevent some other damage to the eye.

Hello everyone.

Yes, those are the diseases but diabetes can be one more of the causes for developing of cataracts. Actually 75% of dogs develop cataracts and blindness in both of their eyes , especially within 9 months after they were diagnosed with diabetes.

You also need to know that cataracts can develop very quickly. Sometimes it can happen overnight.

Glaucoma also causes headaches. It can be very complicated, so please do not wait until your dog’s diabetes is controlled. Check it as soon as possible if you didn’t do this before.

It can be very serious and you should react as soon as you see some changes in your dog’s look.

Hey dear friends.

Yes, it is true. Diabetes can be one of the causes. It is very dangerous. I am lucky because I haven’t had any problems such as this one, but unfortunately my dear friend lost her dog because of diabetes.

While he was sick he also lost his sight. I am still wondering how she didn’t notice that he is sick. When she went to see the vet her dog was already blind. :/

That is why you need to observe your dog's behavior all the time and make sure that he is healthy.

All those diseases that other people told you can be also very dangerous if they are not treated right.

Hey there everyone. I believe that this dog has glaucoma. It is not all about aging. My dog had this problem as well but I found it out on time. There are two parts of glaucoma – primary and secondary. Well, if this dog has symptoms such as high pressure within the eyes, blinking of the eye, the eyeball may reduce back into the head, reddens within the eye, clouded eyes, etc. If you notice any of those symptoms you should see your vet immediately. I did it and my dog is fine now. :) You should not just leave it like that when you see some symptoms. If you wait it can be too late.