Hi, I am 21 years old, and I have problems with hearing and inflammation of the front of the eye. I was diagnosed with Cogan’s syndrome. Did anybody suffer from it? I could use some tips and advises.

Hi, I was diagnosed with Cogan’s syndrome when I went to doctor about fever, weight loss and hearing problems. I was very scared because I heard that Cogan’s syndrome could lead to deafness or blindness. Fortunately, I was diagnosed just in time to prevent those conditions. It is a rare disease, and it’s usually found in young people like you and me. The treatment was all about stopping the inflammation of the blood vessels. I used prednisone, which is a cortisone-related medication. More severe cases need immune suppression medications, like cyclophosphamide. This is the best therapy at this moment, because Cogan’s syndrome is not studied well yet.