Hi, I was diagnosed with herpes in eyes. My first sign was swelling, and then appeared redness and tearing. Does anyone suffer from same condition?

Hi, two weeks ago, I had the same symptoms as you did. My eye was red and swollen, it was tearing and I felt scratchiness. It was getting worse, so I went to ophthalmologist. She diagnosed me eye herpes, the same condition you have. It affected my cornea and was threatening to extend to the other parts of eye. I was diagnosed with a slit lamp examination, and it wasn’t complicated at all. I was treated with anti-viral medication, because virus was the initial cause of my eye herpes. I had sores on the surface of my cornea, and fortunately, it didn’t have time to cause the inflammation of inner eye, because anti-viral treatment prevented it. Eye herpes is also called ocular herpes and herpes keratitis. It was so irritating and painful, I hope I wont have it ever again.