Hi, my son is quitting drugs, and now he is in faze of vicodine withdrawal. What does it exactly mean?

Hi, Vicodin withdrawal is the characterised by specific reactions of an addict's body, since it is in the faze of detoxifications off vicodin. This is the first step in recovery, and it is very difficult. The body must relearn how to live without chemical stimulants, such as Vicodine. And this process is never easyAddicts need to use medical facility, in order to deal with the pain of detoxing. A medical detox can be performed under the supervision of medical professionals. The withdrawal period is necessary to go through, in order to recover.

After 8 months of daily vicodin use,. sometimes as many as 10 to 20 a day,. I decided that enough was enough. I quite. GUESS WHAT PEOPLE!? It's not really that hard to quite! SERIOUSLY! I had some restless leg syndrome,. a little 'edgy' feeling,. and a feeling like a flu was coming on. 3 days max. This hour that I am typing this marks the 72 hour mark. I just woke up and I am feeling great!!

Do NOT let all of these so call detox sites scare you. THEY WANT YOUR MONEY! Detoxing off of vicodin was a LOT easier then I thought it would be. I kept waiting for the bad day to come,. but it never did! I'm over it and it was simple,. not bad at all!

Just plan ahead 2 -3 days that you can stay off work (not necessary,. actually staying busy helped me a lot) and tell your loved ones that you may be a little edgy over the next day or so. Then grab a bunch of good movies,. some sleep aids to help you rest,. and KICK IT!

It was so easy,. I can't believe it. If I would have listened to others,. I would have thought that I would be close to death during detox. IT'S NOT THAT BAD! TRUST me! DO IT! You'll thank me! IT'S EASY! XD

MY FIANCE HAS BEEN TAKING VICODIN FOR MORE THAN 3 YEARS NOW AND WE HAVE ALL HAD ENOUGH. IT IS EXTREMELY HARD TO SEE HIM GO THROUGH WITHDRAWALS WHEN HE IS NOT ON IT. DOCTOR'S FIRST PRESCRIBED IT TO HIM DUE TO HIS CHEST INJURY, BUT HE KEPT ABUSING IT AND EVENTUALLY BECAME A HABIT. NOW DOCTOR'S MOSTLIKELY NOTICED HE IS HOOKED BECAUSE HE KEPT GOING TO THE HOSPITAL VERY OFTEN WITH A DIFFERENT EXCUSE SAYING HE BROKE A BONE, OR HURT A MUSCLE, BUT THEY DONT EVER SEEM TO FIND ANYTHING WRONG WITH HIM WITH XRAYS SO THEY EVEN PUT A MARK ON KAISER'S SYSTEM SO HE CAN'T GET IT ANYMORE UNTIL HE GOES THROUGH TREATMENT FOR PAIN MANAGEMENT. THE POINT IS THAT SOMEHOW HE SEEMS TO GET IT SOME WAY OR THE OTHER. WHEN THE DOCTOR'S DONT GIVE IT, HE'LL GET IT FROM PEOPLE AND HE WOULD PAY ANYTHING FOR IT.. IT'S RIDICULOUS. HE TAKES AT LEAST 8 A DAY WHEN HE HAS IT, BUT WHEN HE DOESN'T HAVE IT, HE GETS VERY DEPRESSED AND PARANOID. THIS IS VERY HARD TO DEAL WITH, FOR ME AND HIS FAMILY. HE STARTS SAYING STUFF LIKE "I FEEL LIKE KILLING MYSELF, MY BODY HURTS, IM SO MISERABLE..ETC" HE EVEN SPENDS DAYS WITHOUT SLEEPING UNTIL HE HAS IT. MOST OF HIS $ GOES FOR VICODIN, HE SOMETIMES PAYS $200 FOR 40 PILLS AND HE FINISHES THEM IN A HEART BEAT, HE HAS EVEN STOLE FROM HIS DAD'S PRESCRIPTION. I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, EVERYTIME I TELL HIM TO GO TO REHAB HE GETS VERY MAD AND OFFENDED, EVENTHOUGH HE KNOWS HES ADDICTED AND HAS A PROBLEM WITH IT, HE SAYS HE REALLY IS IN PAIN. I HAVE BEEN PATIENT WITH HIM AND BELIEVED EVERYTIME HE SAYS HE WILL TAKE LESS PORTIONS UNTIL HES BODY GETS USED TO NOT HAVING IT, BUT IT NEVER HAPPENS. HE STOPS FOR A DAY OR 2 BUT GOES RIGHT BACK TO THEM. AT FIRST I NEVER THOUGHT IT WILL TURN OUT INTO THAT BIG OF A PROBLEM FOR ME BECAUSE I HAD NEVER DEALED WITH NO ONE LIKE THIS, AND HE NEVER SEEMED TO LET IT GET IN BETWEEN US, BUT NOW EVERYTHING CHANGED. HE DEPENDS ON IT SO MUCH THAT I FEEL LIKE IT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ME IN HIS LIFE. I TRIED LEAVING HIM ONCE FOR IT, BUT HE WENT CRAZY AND PROMISSED NOT TO TAKE IT ANYMORE BUT HE COULDN'T KEEP UP WITH IT. AND I KNOW IT'S HARD TO QUIT BUT I DONT KNOW HOW ELSE TO DEAL WITH IT OR WHAT TO DO TO HELP HIM. WOULD IT BE RIGHT IF I TOLD HIM TO GO TO REHAB OR I CAN'T BE WITH HIM ANYMORE? MAYBE THAT WILL PUSH HIM TO STOP TAKING IT, BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE EVERY DAY HE IS KILLING HIMSELF SLOWLY BY ABUSING IT. OR AM WRONG???? PLEASE I NEED HELP HERE, I LOVE HIM AND I WANA HELP HIM

hi,i wanted to reply to this because i understand where hes coming from.i have a horrible vic add.sometimes i take 30 pills a day,and i will spend 1hundred tw three hundred on them.I get a scriot to.180 a month.and when i dont have them i go crazy.its not easy at all not haveing them.you feel like c**p big time.you feel like you got the flu but way worst.cant sleep eat.i throw up get diahrria my whole body aches my hea is pounding.you think its not that big of deal but you have to experience it to understand.i need help big time but scared to get it.and your right he does to.if you leave him he just goin to get worst and be alone with it.you nedd to be ther for him.my bf is.i go threw the same thing.thank god hes understanding and did alot of research on it.you cant help it when you are addicted.your body craves it so bad and you no all you got to do is take a pill and it will be better.i know he feels how i do.waking up everyday sick till you take one.i hate living my life this way,and im sure he does to.but he cant control it and he will hurt and do anything he can to get it.two days of withdrawls feels like months and months.im trying to not take so many right now but its so hard plus im almost out.i no if i had them i take them.and when you go with out when you do get them you have to take alot to feel better to get it all back in your body.im not proud of myself or who i have become.i use to have a addiction to cocaine and ectasy.i would use herion to bring me down,i got off all that 7 yrs ago no rehab nothing just did it but this is way harder.its a scary thing to go threw with wthdrawls and he will get angry and say stuff he dont mean to.yes he needs help.but its not goin to be easy for him to want to do it.i was alomost off of them 3 weeks i felt horrible i started feeling a little better.the first week is the worst.he needs to find a doc to give him soboxne.i need that to.i was on it and it helps big time with the withdrawl symp.i hope this helps a little from what i go threw and you understand a little more.do what you can to get him off it ,but dont leave him he needs you to much.

i agree i also was addicted i was taking about 40 pills a day and spending edless money and god dont go near me when i didnt have them... i was incomplete without them and when i would try to stop i would say i cant deal with the pain...the soboxone program is def the way you want to go.. u only have to expierence a short withdrawel time then they give you the suboxine and actually for the first week or to is meant to give you the same high you felt all along and soon that weens down but you dont expierence any [ain which was good for me being i have alot of pain issues.. BUT... theres is a fall back to them.. your substituting one pill for another and as much as they say they are not addicting they are.. i took them for over 2 years when i finally stopped i had about a month of withdrawels.. mentally the worst.. i did stop cold turkey im sure if the program is followed correctly it isnt as bad.. but i can see from your point it is hard to deal with someone going through it but it is also one of the hardest things to stop no matter how bad you want to. unfortunetly i started taking them again due to severeal knee surgeries.. and have only been on them a few months and already am right back to taking a ton a day .. i keep telling myself god you dont want to go back there!! .. but its hard.. because even that short amount of time the withdrawels are enough to make anyone give up.. i even tried to do the whole weaning down taking 1 5.. every 4 hours and im getting withdrawels even well im taking them. at ,y point i think i can suffer through it because i expierenced the hell of stopping after 5 years between them and soboxine.. but it is still one of the hardest thing a person has to go through. so no its not fair to you.. but i know i couldnt have done it without the support i loose it when you feel alone and it certainly would give him a reason not to stop if he lost you.. even though its not your fault. i say you offer him the soboxine program. just tell him to try it for a week i guarentee he will stop. and find it very easy to.. if you can just get him to do that. i think its your only choice cold turkey is hell and very rarely possible expecially when that person has access to them you get to a point in your withdrawel and you say ill just take one cause i cant take these withdrawels anymore,, but. it doesnt work that way.. and even people that make it through and do quit its only a matter of time before they say hey i stopped once i can take them and stop again.. its a disease like any other addiction that effects you forever i went through HELL.. quitting anhd i said god i would never goi through that again.. and look a couple of knee surgeries im back at it because of my prior addiction,, within a week i was taking them not only for pain but for the high.. im sorry you have to go through it when its not you with the problem but i hope you understand how hard it is by no way be an enabler by accepting it but offer him choices.. you have a life you have to live to and i know what i did to my family and friends. and what i put them through.. just tell him if he does love you if he wants to have a life then he has to atleast try the suboxine program.

Hi I wanted to write because I have been on and off of pills for 7 years! I have done everything from ocxys to vicodine perks...you name it I have done it, but I go on and off again, I never needed any help I just did it, but Im starting to realize now I do need some long term help to STAY OFF! If your loved one is choosing pills over you and your family....he needs rehab! Yes you need to leave him thats the only way he will realize! Im so lucky I have never hurt the people I love because my addictions, I get off of them before it gets to that point!

Hi! That's some tough stuff to deal with--are you still involved with the fiance? has anything changed? i'm just writing because i very recently heard a radio show where they talked about addiction interventions, and they said you can get hold of someone in NA or whichever makes the most sense, and they can be the facilitator in the process. they've had lots more experience, and apparently most family-only interventions work out badly.

Just a thought.

Its a horrible way to be. Sober and ill. Ive been abusing all that I can for years. Oxy ...Vic...Tram..Morph..Lyrica ...Aderol...Ryd...etc. I went cold turkey without the support needed and I lasted 10 days still felt like hell started a new job and relapsed..I hate being a slave Im under fire from my wife as she hates me and the drugs. She is on her 6 year of college and gonna be a mental health counselor I try to tell her i need help and she screams at me ..I dont hit her but It hurts me to hear her words so I smash the house...sometimes I wake and forget what happened...I call her a hypocrite as she cant understand my status. Im a slave and drugs are my master. I cant be with her and get help..its sad. I have waste-o friends that cant help. Im out of drugs and reading of others as I can feel the withdrawal comin on again as always. The legs never stop...sweat...freeze...no sleep...sh**s...etc. Ill lose all I have to get what I need. I think I can spare the wife but I love our dogs..lol sorry. Im pounding cough syrup for a little relief. I hate this sh*t and cant stand my thoughts. I wanna get help but will lose all I can to save myself. What can I do??? Its only day 1.

I did it I stop 26 hours ago!! Go me!! I feel good im justing waiting for the bad days! I will beat this!

My fiance is also addicted and has been for YEARS! He quits when I cant him then starts back up again when im not watching so closely. he sometimes takes more than 20 per day. He has now been clean for over a week and he is still going through withdrawl. We have some really great days and some really screwed up days! he wants to start a treatment center but in order for it to be paid for he has to test dirty and be going through withdrawl...which means he will have to relapse :( I know he can QUIT cold turkey but im not sure he can stay clean without some extra help. This time around i am insisting that he keep me involved in his recovery..tell me when hes having bad days or moments..I do ANYTHING I can to help him...he gets the restless leg syndrome and his shoulders/arms get very tense and he cannot sit still...I have found and I recommend this to those who are the spouse of an addict trying to recover..SEX SEX SEX! its a quick and instant adrenaline rush that gives them a little high and it also helps relieve some of his tense moments. Melatonin is great for the nights he has insomnia...and if they ask to just be left alone then just leave them alone..chances are they are working through some rage or irritation