I need help...My husband is going thru methadone withdrawals, it's only his third day into it and his driving me up the wall, worst than before. He decided to do this cold turkey and now I'm paying for this c**p that he's going thru. I don't know what to do. He has no job, no money and he can't go into any hospital because he used them before to get drugs that nobody will take him now. I'm broke too, he's taken everything from me, and next month I will probably be on the street but all he cares about is his pain and body aches.
I need help, I'm at the end of my rope but have no place to go. I heard of this Thomas recipe but how in the world would I get a hold of Valium????
What can I do? Somebody please help me.

I may be to late to respond but I just joined and read your post. I know eactly how your husband is feeling. I myself am in my 4th day of methadone withdrawls.I went to Emergency room yesterday and they prescribed me clonidine and of an IV for dehydration. the meds eases the symptoms its not a quick cure. Poor people like me cant get that kind of treatment. Good Luck and try to support him as much as possible. My boy freind still goes to the methadone clinic, he does not give me any support and thats why I am Here Posting I dont know if u have ever been threw natural childbirth as for me 5 times and as far as the pain of withdrawls . I would rather be having all 5 labors at one time instead of these withdrawls. SORRY but its the only thing I can compare it to. The pain is so intense and you cant do anything about it. I pray God blesses your family. of course like an inmate we addict turn to him in times of trouble.

Ok listen your husband is to a point of addiction that he needs that medication to function. He will not be succusfull if he tries to do this cold turkey. I know what you are saying. he is having cold sweats,Anxiety, can't sleep, can't eat. Its horrible. Its like having the flu to the millionth power. Look i was addicted to oxycottin for 4 years and i also drained my family until i finally hit rock bottom. I tired to quit cold turkey a million times but you can't be succesfull that way because your body actually needs it to work properally. Look if you want your life back the best thing to do for him is to take him to a methadon clinic. Then they will take him to a dose so he feels ok and then when you all get your life back slowly slowly ween him off. Its is so much better that way. no more freaken out trying to find sh*t ont he streets or his whole life surrounding drugs. Go to the clinic. It is the only way. Pay the little 10 dollars a day and get it over with. Trust me. HE will be able to work and function normally. No more being sick or in pain or not sleeping or eating. Even when he starts getting off of it becasue they will take him down so slowly and if he even starts feeling effects they will take him back up. do that if you have any questions email me at _[removed]_ and i will answer any questions you have. I am currently in the clinic and i'm now working a full time job and going to school full time and i just went from being homless to buying a new home 2 weeks a ago. Do it and it will safe his life and your marriage.

:D that is so great that you can do things like that.. congratulations on going from nothing to being a stable member is society.. not many people can admit things like that.. I know someone that went from about 15 (ten mg tabs) methadones a day to nothing becuase she went to jail.. and yes they gave her colonidine" class="wiki">colonidine in jail and said that pill was like a magic pill for her.. she hardly got sick.. but her husband on the other hand was doing the same amount and quit cold turkey.. (with no colonidine or anything) it was the saddest but happiest thing becuase you know that they are getting clean but they did it to themselves.. i just wish that there were more methadone clinics in oregon becuase i know many people that take methadone and are extremely addicted and want to get clean but there aren't many clinics in Oregon.. so i just wanted to say that im proud of you for admitting you've done wrong and is now a hard-working member of society.. hopefully you can be an inspiration to more people that are drug addicted and on the streets... so i thank you for that.

I quit cold turkey when I was doing 40 mg of oxy a day four times and 100 perks a week. I couldn't take it anymore, with all the running around you have to do to get it. But the thing is I still am in pain three years later. Everytime I lift something I screw my back up even worse. Its not like you can just stop and feel like a million dollars. Your body is always going to hurt and if that is your trigger than you will be back on it again!

PLEASE DO not listen to these fools that say its the hardest thing they have ever done........I have been addicted to OC and when to the clinic and have been on 100 mg of methadone for over 2 years and I can tell you personally it was easy.... I had feever chills sweating, restless legs, throwing up, BUT it only lasted for a few days.......Now i can cry again, laugh again, and be myself......I have been clean for 3 weeks and It CAN BE DONE!!! smoke a lil bit of weed, drink a few beers to take the edge off......Release yourself from the LIQUID HANDCUFFS........I did and I have never felt better about myself.........YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

So if I just get some good olé kush it should help me out. I'm on 70 mgs but they won't taper me so I'm quiting cold turkey

I'm day 4 cold turkey off 28mgs of methadone. My legs are driving me fkn crazy. Iv been on it for 2 years but I wanted off so bad!! I kept trying to get the Dr to bring me down but it just wasn't happening fast enough so I didn't go in again . PLEASE tell me this is going to end soon!!!! I'm trying to just chill out and burn a cpl spliffs but its so fkn frustrating!