I'm 20 years old and about a year ago I was diagnosed with a bladder condition called Interstitial Cystitis and also Crohns Disease so I am always in pain. Some days I'm in so much pain that I can't even get out of bed. I have had to put off college because of the pain and I never know how much pain I will be in from day to day. I have been on Vicodin for the past year and I take 6 a day. I don't take Vicodin to get a high or good feeling...I take it just for pain. I know my body is addicted because when I don't take it I go through severe withdrawals. I'm sick of my mind always being foggy and I want to quit because I'm sick of relying on Vicodin to get through the day. I just don't know what to do. Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Your story is all too familiar to me and alot of others as well. If you have chronic pain and have to have medication to improve your quality of life, then maybe you should go to your doc and try something else...there are others types of pain meds that may work out better for you. Maybe some longer acting pain meds or even patches..you really should discuss this with your doc and as for the addiction part.....deal with the pain first if your not taking more than you should, there are people who have to live on opiates because of pain and part of that becomes the physical addiction or dependence. Only you can make that choice of what you want to do and how you want to deal with your pain. I hope it works out better for you! Good Luck and I wish you well!