I'm female, 16 and a sophmore in Highschool. I have had severe depression since the 7th grade and can't really remember the past four years of my life all that well. I started drinking at 15 and at the end of 2006 I started taking Vicodin. It wasn't for any medical needs, it was just my dad's old perscription. I was so depressed that I didn't care if I died while taking it. I think it was the third time I had ever taken it and i took a total of 7 or 8 pills. I remember my dad coming home one day when I was high and he was trying to have me explain a math problem. If any of you have ever been high on vicodin, you know that math is nearly impossible to explain when you are flying high. I'm not addicted. I have gone weeks without it, but I'm trying to turn my life around, but the hardest thing is giving up the vicodin. I'm down to two pills and I'm contemplating buying more. I want someone to convince me that vicodin is dangerous and will screw up my life, but I just don't see the problem with it right now if I'm not addicted.

I see your problem. I am a 16 year old guy. Most of the time I feel stressed out or depressed from work or school. What you need is someone like a sponsor. Some one that you can call any time, day or night and tell them what and how you are feeling right at that moment. They can talk to you and help you get through it. You call or email them daily to let them know your status and feelings. Its like a person who sponsors you in AA that helps you through whatever. Hope this helps. Holmestrix

It works for House MD right? OK JUST KIDDING!!!

Look, drugs can be very nice. I know i've been popping ritalin like crazy lately (final was able to get my hands on a reliable supplier). WHen it comes to drugs ou have to decide that type of user you are:
1. take it to kill the pain?
2. take it to enjoy the ride?
3. take it to complete the project?

If your taking it to kill the pain...hmmmm i'd seek council. You are obviously hurting some where and that drug is not going to help with that. depressed people usually take ANTI DEPRESSENTs....

vicodin: its an opiate. its can be physically addictining (unlike stimulents). (all drugs are psychologically addicting). Vicodin can lead to tolerence build up and with draw, and constipation. these seem like negatives. don't get me wrong, tastey drug..but its not for "depression."

sometimes depression is just a simple neurotransmitter imblance. fess up to the rents, say you feel down, would like to talk to someone.

Alrightiee. Ima see if I can shed some light on your dilema.
I'm only fourteen, yet I became addicted to weed for months when I was going through some deep family issues. I know, weed is no big deal right?
But I became dependent on it, and it took me months to quit. I still have urges to smoke a blunt all the time, but instead I started picking up cigarettes. I quit those, and found that my grandmother who lives with us has vicodin, but never notices when I steal things from her. So I've started stealing vicodin, and currently I am flying pretty high on it right now.
Yes, I know that vicodin gets your mind off of sh*t very easily, and feels great. But when I was going through the problem with marijuana, a lot of my friends abandoned me. And I let down my family so much. I was in all honors classes with straight A's, and went down to normal class Cs. I am still struggling with these problems, and I know they can become much worse. Trust me, the high is not worth it.

if your worried about not having many tablets left then you might as well be addicted.
Go see a doctor and they may try you on some anti-depressants. you are old enough to go see the doctor by yourself if you are worried about parents or anyone finding out. it is all confidential.
once you get depression handled, then you can tackle the rest.