what happends when you take vicodin while being treated with suboxone. can you feel if with a solid amount , or does it make u sick and not work ive done it once and i wasnt sure what was happening i was wondering if u knew
>;) >;)

Suboxone should just block most of the effects of the hydrocoone, making it a waste. The blocking effects of Suboxone can last for three days after dosing.

How much is suboxone per month?Is it given only if you are in a programme? What is the influence on phisycal and mental aspects? If one is heroin addicted is it the best way to get rid of the addiction? thank you

Very expensive man. if you have no insurance it will cost you about 170.00 for 30 pills. But it works and is the very best way to recover

Dam I am on Suboxone and I paid 290 bucks for 45 pills. That 170 is cheap man

To help anyone out cost wise with suboxone. Look into seeing if there is a Medicap pharmacy in your area. They are the cheapest I know of for Suboxone. At least in my neck of the woods (Metro Detroit, Michigan) They cost $6.10 per pill compared to CVS which are about 7.50 a pill. Also a lot of CVS pharmacies will price match. So call every pharmacy in your local phone book and find the cheapest.

-I have been on suboxone for over a year, WARNING TO ALL, from all the info i have gathered throughout my treatment I have learned some from direct experience and other from councellors and other patients.
-Soboxone is best used and generally intended for short time use to get passed the physical withdrawls of opiates (which shouldnt be much more then 7 days) then continues for only a few weeks. This should include a recovery program to learn to avoid relapse.
-Dont fall into the same B.S. they claimed about Methadone-getting heroin users hooked on a worse drug to control them as much as possible will profiting pharmicutical companys instead of the heroin producers.
-Soboxone is just as addictive as any other opiate so using it for as long as I have, over a year, has left me just as addicted but with worse withdrawls, and its just prescribed by a Dr.
THING NO ONE TOLD ME BEFORE STARTING THE PROGRAM
-If your go to a Dr for soboxone and are entered into the program you will be red flagged as an opiate addict in all hospitals, 'doc-in-a-box', etc. and you can only recieve pain meds from your soboxone dr. This can really suck if your injured or sick and you cant see your soboxone dr till after the weekend, returned for vacation, etc.
-This happened to me when a got an iffected saliva glande and my face swelled up on one side the size of a softball. went to the only available dr, waited 3 hours to be kicked out within one minute of being seeing by the dr. and was treated (no offence in wording) as if i were a crackhead with tracks up my are trying to scam the Dr office. After talking with my soboxone dr about this he said I would be better off procuring my own street pain meds if i couldnt reach him because no other medical facility would help me!
-The up side up having a soboxone dr and using insurance is i pay $50 for a script of 60 8mg pills.
-Just be prepaired to be looked at by any other medical facility other that your soboxone one like your the s**m of the earth if you have any real pain that isnt as obvious as your arm crushed or missing you will be left high and dry(no pun intended).
-This is all info i was never told, but dont let it stop you from the program, Im still fighting the battle with pills but the program has done wonders for my in its own right, possibly even saving my life.
KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT AND WARN ALL YOU KNOW ABOUT THE DANGERS OF OPIATE PAIN MEDS, MOST DR. DONT EVEN BELIEVE IN ADDICTION SO DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE HAND
P.S. My opiate addiction started as innocently as dr. prescribed relieve of terrible leg pain. So remember addiction is addiction, weither its for genuine physical pain or recreational us the pills have sharp hooks that grab quick.
BEST OF LUCK IN ALL YOUR RECOVERY

someone stated earlier that soboxone blocks opiate from attaching to your neurological (prob wrong spelling) for a maximum of 24 hours as stated in the information I recieved when starting the soboxone program, thats why the 24 hours is fairly accurate, soboxone is a drug, all drugs have a fairly cut and dry cycle of peaking as it you take it, the effectiveness rises to a certain point the begins to decline, the other is a plateau effect, you take it and the effectiveness stays the same through the durration of its cycle. Soboxone is a plateau drug.
-if your high on opiates and take soboxone the soboxone will kick the opiates off the receptors in your brain causing severe withdrawls.
-you want to be in full opiate withdrawl before taking soboxone.
-I have personally tested the 24 hour claim (purly in the name of science ;-) and found you may feel something after 23 hours but your best bet is waiting a full 24 hours. that is unless you think your mind over matter is strong enough to convice you your high.

-I haven't stated this in an attempt to convince anyone to re-laps but you should be well informed before taking or mixing any meds. Best of luck to you all.

Suboxone is a serious drug. Most people that are prescribed this medication are using it to get off of herion, oxycontin, etc. to lessen the withdrawal symptoms. You should not take, I repeat, you should not take any other narcotics while on this medication. There are also a few pain management patients that I have on this drug instead of the usual narcotics. It seems to be working well for them and I believe in a few years this will be the new treatment for chronic pain. My patients cannot drink on this drug, or take any narcotics including cough medication that contains narcotic ingredients. If they are injured and hospitialized, they have to be off the drug at least 12 to 24 hours before using anything else. So stop talking about you tripping on your subs and percs and whatever it is that you do. I have patients that are now afraid to use this drug because of the c**p that people like you put on the internet. They are people in great pain that are afraid to take the medication because of the stigma of being called a drug seeker or addict. Wake up, there is so much life out there, I know it is not always great, but do the best you can and get better!

why didn't my doctor tell me to use them that way?

because your doctor is an id**t and doesn't care about you once you leave the office. Just your insurance money.

I can only state from experience but... suboxone kicks the ***edited by moderator*** ** inappropriate posting** out of any opiate high. You won't feel the "high". However, you will still experience the side effects such as short breath (I forget the medical term). Also, suboxone will decrease your feeling of opiates for a VERY long time. I'm talking up to a month... maybe even more... depending on how much you've been running through your system. If you're looking to get ft up on suboxone and opiates, your best bet is taking the suboxone sometime afterwards... you will lose the effect of the opiate but you'd get the effects of the suboxone which is extremely similar to opiates... and... don't be stupid?

Hey guys, Im new to this site and have been browsing for anything that relates to my day to day life. Ive been hooked on pain pills for about 2 years, (oxy's, perc's, hydros, dilaudis, etc) I went to a Dr near by and got in the suboxin program to get back in the right track, its been working fine been on 16mg a day (2 a day). I also have severe kidney problems. Kidney failure 7 times since I was in 3rd grade. Get kidney infections atleast every 3 months. So last week got a terrible kidney infect. had to go to er, spent 13 hours gettin 2 doses of antibiotics in iv, a shot of refussin in my rear, and sent home on 7 dayz of cipro and 12 vicoden. Out of the 12 vicoden since last weel I got prescribed Ive taken 4 of them. Literally still have 8 in a bottle in the closet and dont even want em. Feel better and Im not in miserable pain, I can pee :-) haha takin the subs and fine. Went to the sub dr. today and she asked me how Ive been so I filled her in bout everything, including what meds Ive been on and she looked at me like I was crazy. I understand that Im tryin to get off opiates but for once I didnt abuse them, and frankly anyone who has had a kidney infection knows how miserable they are. What the hell am I suppse to do? I only took 2 pills twice and I did not snort them and I coulda finished the bottle and I didnt.. So if I go thru a transplant am I suppose to just ask for tylenol?

ive been on suboxone for past year and a half... i started out on a relatively small dose of one 8mg pill a day for about the first yaer... i am currently taking half that dose 4mg a day... first thing is SUBOXONE is amazing in the way it takes away ALL withdrawl symptoms almost instantly... i broke several ribs five six years back and became hooked on vicodin from a totally irresponsible doctor and my poor judgement... that addiction quickly moved up the ladder to oxys and then to boy, ie heroin... luckily my fear of needles was never conquered so i only parachuted it... i have several "friends' who still battle their addictions and occasionally i give them some subs to get them thru the worst of it which in turn leaves me high and dry around the time my next appointment and refill roll around... my solution to the sub witdrawl is to take some vicodin and ive taken it less than 24 hours, honestly less than twelve after the suboxone and i def felt the unmistakabe opiate buzz... and ive also taken a sub less than 12 hours after a vicodin wit no ill effects either way... but like i stated earlier my suboxone dose is very low (4mg day) and the amont of vicodin i took was low too (5 10/325 norcos)... but with a high dose (over 16mg day or more) i can def see the naxalone making you ill if combined wit other opiates... wait till you are sure you dont feel ant effects from the sub and ease into taking the vicodin... youre the one that knows your body not us but my experience says its not as dangerous when youre sub dose is low... and remember ADDICTION ISNT A DISEASE, Leukemia is a disease... the disease concept is CRUTCH for weak people... if you cant be around situations and people that use and abuse drugs and alchohol while you stay sober, and avoid those people and situations at ALL COSTS then guess what... your addiction still controls you, just in a different way... a little common sense, moderation and self control is all we need to learn to stay clean...

I have been taking Suboxone for a little over a year now and I feel Bitter/Sweet about it. First let me say, that it absolutely, positively does get rid of all the withdrawl symptoms from opiates. (Hydrocodone and Oxycodone). It even gives you a bit of a buzz, which is what most of us opiate addicts like the best right?? You dont have to worry about a drug test either. You can take a pill before you pee and nothing will come up on the test. Well, here is the problem I have with it. The Withdrawls from Suboxone are wicked and I mean wicked. Way Way Worse than what I had experienced from opiates. And they last for weeks. So if your planning to substitute, I strongly suggest you make it quick, so you dont get hooked on a different drug. The suboxone will affect your mood and make you depressed also, if life isnt going your way. Im lucky if I go to the bathroom once every two days also. Thats how constipated it makes me. It also tastes like c**p while its dissolving in your mouth and I strongly suggest a piece of gum to chase it down. Just be very careful with it all. Dont be stupid like me and substitute one drug for another. Use the Subox to quit whatever opiate you are taking and then part ways with it as fast as you can. And if you do decide to go back to Opiates, wait at least Three (3) days after taking your last Subox, because you wont really feel the effects since the Subox is blocking your receptors.