Hi, I am 14 years old. Some people told me about Vicodin and it was real nice. Before all this I used to smoke pot. I never seen pot as an addicting substance... I just used it because I was bored. I kicked that habit though. So life just seem boring without drugs. I then found my sister's prescription for Vicodin... about 1 whole bottles worth. They were 500 mg. I took one and in about 20-30 minutes I started feeling it. I really like that feeling... obviously I was addicted to it immediately. But since I loved that feeling of euphoria, I kept taking them. I ate about the whole bottle, but since my sister was no longer using them she didn't notice. Not a while after that... she had to get a nose surgery... pollops. She was prescribed another bottle. I tried to hesitate but I didn't. She and I were taking them, not together, she didn't know. That ran out in about 2 weeks. I started feeling withdrawals. I couldn't take it anymore! So I went about the internet and came across a pill called methadone. It was supposed to help heroin addicts. I figured since Vicodin is an opiate which heroin is, maybe I should take one 10 mg methadone and see what happens. (These pills were old, about 4-6 years.) There was, I'm guessing, 15-20 pills. These were even better than Vicodin. Now I'm all out and starting to have withdrawals from those. I was taking the methadone for 10 - 14 days, and the Vicodin for about 14 days. What are some ways to help the withdrawals, besides detox and rehab (my parents wouldn't be able to handle all this). Also, since life seems boring to me without any drugs, is there a medical term for that?

You made a mistake and you are lucky that you were only on it two weeks. Learn from your mistake. No matter how wonderful you felt before, you must remember how painful withdrawal is. You must respect the medicine. I seriously doubt you had any real physical addiction to vicodin, but two weeks of methadone is probably going to give you a taste of real withdrawal. And if you think thats bad, then imagine if you were on it for a month, or a year.

There is nothing to make the withdrawals go away besides other opiates, but you need to end it now. Perpetuating your addiction will just make the withdrawals worse as you will soon hopefully understand.

I think you are very smart to recognize you have a problem. I was told that I'm hipper sensitive to meds. I'm opposite of you I hate them all and have had to take them for 2 years. You are young and your future is bright don't do this to yourself. That few moments after you take the pill and feel great turn into a nightmare. Enjoy being young don't complicate your life. If you keep taking these you become addicted and you ruin your future. Your in my prayers.

OMG GIRL PLEASE STOP! STOP! STOP! TAKE YOUR WITHDRAWLS.. YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ON THEM LONG ENOUGH FOR THEM TO REALLY HURT YOU...... PLEASE PLEASE I AM A RECOVERING AND STRUGGLING DRUG ADDICT(CRACK MOSTLY) I STARTED WITH POT THEN PILLS THEN COKE THEN CRACK IT HAPPENS SO SO FAST STOP NOW BEFORE ITS TO LATE PLEASE!!!! LOOK LIFE IS BORING NOW.. BUT IT WILL GET MORE EXCITING WHEN YOU GET OLDER.... DRUGS WONT EVER FULLFILL YOU CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED AN EAR JUST SOMEONE TO CHAT WITH...PLEASE

Taking pills is great until your life falls apart. I took Vikes (Vicodin) for years, it's so easy to get the stuff from doctors/people. It's a game you can't win. You will go through hell and back if you get full on hooked. You think you felt bad after taking Hydro for 14 days? imagine that feeling 100x worse, it's horrible. I suggest putting it down... you'd be finished with your W/D's in  2 days if you just quit, the more you take, the longer the W/Ds last. I've never taken Methadone, I detoxed with Suboxone under medical supervision. Opiates are just too dangerous to play with, it's all synthetic herion.... bad stuff, stay away, that's the only way

I really hope you don't have to learn the hard way. I got on a methadone program when I was 23. I'm now 54 and still on it. Thats 31 years now being a slave to this drug. But I can't stay off opiates so methadone is the only practical answer for me, at this time. The times I've tried to come off of it, it has been a mfffrrr like you would not believe! If you can, try to limit your drug use to marijuana and stay away from pills, needles, and all that stuff. It's just not worth it in the end. That good feeling you got at first , can never be achieved again. You can chase that feeling forever and never get it again. seriously dude. Please listen to me and others that have posted replies to your posts. OK? cool take care

If you have to do a drug stick to the pot. Hydrocodone withdrawals are wicked even though other people here said different. I know I was a junkie. Mthadone is a joke, It stops getting you high very  quickly which leads to more use and overdose. I have known more than 4 people around my neighborhood who have died from the uselessness of methadone. That is the only reason it is dangerous. Please stop the methadone c**p right now, I have tried both and methadone is dangerous because of its weakness.

That good feeling you describe is what gets us all. Some people don't get it, but we do cause we're addicts. You are too young to be starting this stuff. I've been on methadone for 31 yrs now at 180mg/day. Obviously I've been unable to stop my abuse of opiates and it has resulted in one hell of a methadone habit for me. I'm 54 now and will probably be on it for life, but you don't have to. With your usage, if you can bear it for a week or two, please stop now. You do not want to become like me. If you need something to get you thru this, go get some Immodium(loperamide2mgtabs)take 10 the first day and reduce it by one pill each day until finished. These will help, trust me. Good luck to ya, please remember what I've said, OK? Rodney

Hi Rodney, I've been reading thru these....the 14 yr old caught my eye but I'm an addict of Vicodin for 6 yrs now...I was enabled by myself and my ex and he's been gone for a year and I've been struggling to get off of them but I cannot stand th withdrawals and I can't go to rehab because I wouldn't have anyone to care for my kids and definitely can't afford rehab......I was just wondering how u've been doing...