I have some questions about managing withdrawals. The thing us I became vicodin addicted that’s for sure. I was prescribed vicodin a year ago for the pain in my leg followed by the car accident. I got better my leg doesn’t even hurt that much any more but I’m still on vicodin so I call it vicodin addiction and am right I suppose. But in the same time I want to get rid of it and I tried it but am having serious problem with managing withdrawals. So what do I need to do?

I’ll tell you go and seek medical help. You know vicodin is not just an ordinary pill it is a strong drug that in fact is drug of abuse. And the user might easily be vicodin addicted if he doesn’t take it as it was prescribed. And there you have also this withdrawal problems just like in some other drugs that are well know such as heroin, cocaine and so on. So you see, if you have managing withdrawals difficulties it means you need to get yourself professional help in some rehab center that would treat your addiction and withdrawal symptoms through some special approaches that are modeled after your needs. You need to react in this sense as fast as you can for you know withdrawal might also result in some unpleasant side effects such as headaches, anxiety, depression, nausea, high blood pressure and rapid heart rate and I’m sure you wouldn’t wanted all this.

The physical aspect of Vicodin withdrawal lasts about 7 days. Days 3-4 (maybe 3-5) will be the worst from there it gets better and better and fast too. Now the mental part can last months and that is why so many relapse.