Hi guys. My name is Amy and I have a few questions for you, so I was hoping that you can help me. I am using Warfarin for three months now. As you already know, this medication is normally used in the prevention of thrombosis and thromboembolism. But I need to be truly honest with you. I don’t see that I am getting any better since I am taking it. I was consulting my doctor about this issue and he told me that he will change my therapy.

Do you know what anticoagulant I can take instead of Warfarin? Than you.

Hey Amy.

I think that you should wait your doctor to tell you this, because just like you told us in here, he will see what he is going to do after a while.

My question for you is – is he told you when he is going to change your therapy? Maybe you need to be patient until then.

Now, I am sure that he is going to find a proper medication for you.

For example, he can prescribe Eliquis, Pradaxa and Xarelto for you.

Those are anticoagulants that you can take instead of Warfarin.

Good luck and I hope that you are going to be ok.

Good day there guys. What exactly your doctor told you Amy? He told you that he is going to change your therapy, but when?

A few days ago I found one interesting article about this. Now, it depends where do you live but one of the medications can be taken instead of Warfarin. Those medications are Xarelto and Bayer, if you are living in America.

I think that those medications are tested and proved but still I am not sure, as I told you already I was reading about it.

You should definitely ask your doctor when he was thinking to change your therapy.

Hello you two. Thank you for your answers. He told me just like I told you – that he is going to change my therapy. He never said when he is going to do this. I went to visit my doctor yesterday and now I am feeling much better, but I still believe that this medication is not a proper one for me. So, when I asked him which medication he can prescribe me instead of Warfarin, he told me that he will see when the time comes. So, I still can’t discuss about it with you :/ Anyway, thank you so much for your information.

Hi Amy,

I don't think that switching therapy is really a good choice. I mean, if you don't feel like you are getting better, it doesn't necessarily have to mean that you aren't getting better, maybe you should do some tests first.

I'm only telling you this because basically, the first medicine that is prescribed to you is the one known to be better than all of the other medicines for that particular condition. But if you are right about not getting better, then maybe the other medicine will work better, I don't know.

He will probably prescribe you with Eliquis, since it is the most common replacement for Warfarin.

Hey everybody,

Amy, it's been 4 days since you wrote your question so I'm guessing that you went to see your doctor in the meantime and that he has already changed your therapy. I know a few drugs that can work instead of Warfarin, but I'm curious to know what did your doctor choose to give you.

There are 4 other drugs that are used in the prevention of thrombosis and thromboembolism: Apixaban (Eliquis)​, Dabigatran (Pradaxa), Edoxaban (Savaysa) and Rivaroxaban (Xarelto). You cannot really compare these four as the scientists still don't have enough information to do that. They are all supposed to be good.

Hey everyone,

There are 5 drugs in total that are used in the prevention of thrombosis and thromboembolism. These are actually all new drugs and it is not known yet which one is the best or the worst. The other four medications besides Warfarin are the ones that Alan already wrote above: Eliquis, Pradaxa, Savaysa and Xarelto.

Since it doesn't seem to you that Warfarin is working for you, it's a good thing that you told that to your doctor. He has probably already changed your therapy and you gave him a good information about Warfarin that he can use to compare it to other drugs.