Hey guys. My sister had heart attack once. She is now pretty much OK but she is having problem with thrombosis as well. She is visiting her doctor all the time. Two months ago he prescribed Warfarin to try to heal this. But there is one problem as well. She is having ON – X valve on her heart. I am not sure which medications she is using for this but I think that using warfarin with ON X – valve is not safe at all.

I am trying to tell this to her but she won’t listen.

Hey there. I believe that you don’t need to be that scared about it. Now, if her doctor allowed this to her I am sure that you don’t need to panic. I am sure that her doctor knows about it and I believe that he knows what is she using and what is the best therapy for she.  Actually it is a quite safe therapy if you have good dose. I am sure what I am telling you because my friend had exactly the same issue. Nothing has happened to him.

Have a nice day. 

Hello there.

Well I would not agree with you for several reasons. First, I think that you haven’t written well when you said “ON – X valve on heart”. Maybe you wanted to tell us that they found something on the heart because of On – X – valve. I am sure that you wanted to tell us this because this is a technology that is leading manufacturer of artificial heart valve replacement and some other repair products.

Now about your question, this technique is pretty much safe but I have no idea is it safe to use it while she is on Warfarin.

Hi. I am not sure am I giving you 100 percent true information, but I am sure that it is good and I trust my friend who told me this. On X – aortic and mitral prosthetic valves – they are totally approved by FDA and they are safe. Over 200.000 patients around the world have been using it. So this is not something that should worry you. On the other hand, some studies have shown that On – X aortic heart valve patients with a reduced warfarin dose have more than 60 percent of possibility for some harmful bleeding events without an increase in stroke risk .