Hi there,

I've been having some problems lately on two different aspects of my life. First, I'm having trouble at work, it seems as the firm where I work is falling apart and that we are all going to have to get fired. I'm also in a fight with my family because of some nonsense things.

Not just that, my best friend just told me that he has been diagnosed with coronary thrombosis. When I thought things can't get any worse. His doctor suggested him a couple of treatment options that he has. Does anyone know what would be the best treatment option here?

Hey Bee,

Some people might tell you that this is actually a heart attack but they would be wrong, because it isn't really. They are quite similar, but not the same.

The treatment of choice is an emergency operation where the blocked coronary artery is dilated using a balloon catheter. This procedure is known as coronary angioplasty, usually called percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). It is only done in specialist centres. A PCI should be performed as soon as possible after symptoms begin. The earlier it is done, the better the result.

In parts of the country where the distance to a PCI centre is too long medicine to dissolve the blockage (thrombolytic medicine) is injected into a forearm vein before the patient is transported to a PCI centre.

Hey guys,

As far as I know, an operation is the best way to treat coronary thrombosis, if not the only way.

I'm not sure about what you wrote Health n Joy, until today I was pretty much sure that coronary thrombosis is actually a heart attack, just a different name for it, and if you google around about it, a lot of places will say the same thing, I found only on one or two places where it is written that these actually differ a bit, that makes me a bit confused but it doesn't really matter, he still needs an operation I think.

Thank you for your replies, my friend indeed had an operation as soon as they got him to the hospital. He was already in the hospital when he called me to tell me he was diagnosed with coronary thrombosis, I didn't realize at the time that it was a heart attack, I would have freaked out if I knew. They told him to call a single person and he called me, that kind of melted my heart.

Anyway, he seems to be okay now, I went to see him but his doctors told me that he is going to need some time to recover.

Good day. Look, I know that, to reduce the risk of being affected by coronary thrombosis, you have to quit smoking at the first place. Second thing, if you are over weighted, reduce your weight, find some good way to lose your weight, good diet program and start to exercise. On the other hand, diabetics should stick religiously to their diet and take their medication, attend a prenatal clinic regularly for checkups if you are pregnant. This is all that can help you in your treatment, and of course, you need to use some medications as well for this condition. Good luck. 

Good day there. My grandma had this diagnose. There are so many ways of the treatment, but if I can remember well she had some “modern” way of the treatment. But this is very serious disease. Now, about this modern treatment, I have heard that doctor establish therapy and he uses some techniques for the control of anticoagulant therapy. I assume that this is it, because I have never asked my mom to tell me more about this. It is not that I was not interested in this one, but I didn’t understand it at all. Also, it is very important for the patient who is dealing with coronary thrombosis to change some life habits.

Hey there. I am not sure is this the same thing, but my neighbor Merry was diagnosed with acute coronary thrombosis. And I am pretty sure that she was treated with severe, mixed medications as well. But unfortunately that was at the beginning. After a while, she needed to have surgery that was immediate. Doctors told her that medications can keep coronary thrombosis under the control, but that they can’t heal it. The surgery is needed in this case. I am not the smartest person in here, but I believe that this condition is very complicated and that the surgery is needed. 

Look, another name for the coronary thrombosis is a heart attack. So that is why it needs to be treated as soon as possible, right?

Doctors will usually perform surgery and I do believe that this is one of the best options ever. The treatment of the coronary thrombosis focuses on the reducing the pain, improving blood flow to the heart muscles and it is used to prevent irreversible damage to the heart muscle. Another, very important feature of the heart attack treatment is close monitoring for cardiac arrhythmia. If that is not enough, surgery is the only option than. 

To me thrombosis simply means clotting of the blood or a blockage in a blood vessel. It could be anywhere in the body. Adding the word coronary to it means it's in a coronary artery. That's not a heart attack but it usually causes a heart attack. So a coronary thrombosis is not another term for a heart attack but it is usually accompanied by a heart attack.