Hi there guys. I have one question that I want to discus with you. I was hoping that you can answer me and quickly, if possible. So, my mom is using warfarin for a while. She has no problems with it at all – no side – effects and she is feeling fine,

She went to the ordinary control with her doctor and sister who works there told her that she needs to do some INR home testing.

Do you have any clue what this is and how warfarin can be connected to it? I hope that you know more about this.

Thank you so much…

Good day there. If you are on warfarin than you will need a blood test that is called protime with the result of the test called INR. Look, monitoring on the INR is very essential because too high INR puts and individual at risk for bleeding and too low INR at risk for clotting. You should know that there are four different ways, I think, to get your INR tested and warfarin adjusted.

Unfortunately, I know only the traditional way and you do it in the physician’s office. You blood is drawn from a vein stick and then it is sent to laboratory.

Good day two of you.

I do know that with a portable INR monitor you can determine your INR very easily when you are at home. You probably already know that warfarin helps prevent blood from clotting and needs to be monitored all the time. It is very important to keep your INR in a safe range. This home INR monitoring can be done as frequently as once a week and it will help you to keep you within your target INR range more often than monthly testing.

I believe that this is the basically it. That is what I know and I really hope that this is helpful for you.

All that I can tell you about this topic is that INR home testing and INR home monitors are very simple to use and to provide accurate results. It is very important that you don’t need any medical experience or technology skills to perform your INR test. The monitors are totally professional for home use. It is very important that you and your doctor choose which monitor is the best for you and which monitors fits you the best. When I was using it my doctor explained perfectly to me what kind of monitor I need and how is connected to warfarin but I don’t remember it clearly.

Hello. My wife had a lot of trouble with it, not because something was wrong with INR home testing, but because it was very hard for her to get used to it. I remember that she did so many comparisons with the machine, before she and her doctor agreed what is the best one.

Once she has beaten her fear, things were just fine. She was using it for almost a year without any problems.

It is very simple – when you are having INR test as often as it is recommended you need to contact your doctor to find out what are the results of it. Keep track of your INR test results and daily warfarin dose.