Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could tell me something about this.

A friend of mine has coronary thrombosis, we were talking the other day and he told me that he is really scared. When I asked him way, he didn't respond immediately, he just kept looking somewhere distant and thinking. Then he told me that he heard somewhere that the condition which he has, coronary thrombosis, can lead to a heart attack. 

This would be dangerous because he is living alone and if it happens while he is at home, nobody would be able to help him. Does anyone know if this is true, can this condition cause a heart attack?

Your friend is in huge danger, Alan.

There are people which call a heart attack coronary thrombosis, like they are synonyms, which is not quite correct, but it is as dangerous as the other one.

The heart is surrounded by three major coronary arteries that supply it with blood and oxygen.

If a blood clot develops in one of these arteries, the blood supply to that area of the heart muscle will stop. This is known as a heart attack, or in medical terms a coronary thrombosis or myocardial infarction. But like I said, there is some difference between a heart attack and a coronary thrombosis.

Hey Alan,

I don't know if you will understand, but I will try to explain this difference to you.

Thrombosis in the heart can lead to a myocardial infarction. Coronary thrombosis and myocardial infarction are sometimes used as synonyms, although this is technically inaccurate as the thrombosis refers to the blocking of blood vessels, while the infarction refers to the tissue death due to the consequent loss of blood flow to the heart tissue. The heart contains many connecting blood vessels, and depending upon the location of the thrombosis, the infarction may cause no symptoms.

I hope that I was of some help.

Hey Alan,

Either way, this is very dangerous. Thrombosis can lead to a heart attack but not necessarily. I mean, it is not uncommon for thrombosis to lead to a heart attack (if it is left untreated), but it doesn't happen that often.

Well, I don't have to tell you about heart attacks, you already know how those look like and what they can do to a human body, I suppose.I would just suggest that he does everything that is in his power to treat this. Once he does that, he shouldn't worry about bad things happening, if something happens, he did everything he could to prevent it.

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for your replies.

So he has all the reasons to be afraid. Well, I still don't think that a person should react like that, I mean, we are all different after all, but I would probably do whatever it takes to treat this condition if it was me who was having it.

What would you suggest me to do? Should I tell him that I found out how this is really dangerous or should I just try to make him worry about the treatment more without telling him about you guys and how you told me that it is dangerous?

Hello everyone. Look, the heart is surrounded by three major coronary arteries that supply it with blood and oxygen. Now, if you find out that a blood clot develops in one of these arteries, the blood supply to that area of the heart muscle will stop immediately. This is actually known as a heart attack, or in medical terms a coronary thrombosis or myocardial infarction. As you can see the connection is really huge. Generally, a heart attack will cause severe chest pains behind the breast bone, often radiating towards the left arm. You should recognize the symptoms as well. Good luck.

Hey there. Sure that they are.

Heart failure is an independent and major risk factor for venous thromboembolism . Patients who are diagnosed with heart failure and who develop VTE have a worse prognosis relative to patients without the condition and those who undergo hospitalization have an even greater risk of VTE. Now, from this you can have just one conclusion - coronary thrombosis is the formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel of the heart.  Blood clot restricts blood flow within the heart and thrombosis in the heart can lead to a myocardial infarction. I hope that you understand this. 

Unfortunately I have experience with it. Arterial thrombosis is a blood clot that develops in an artery. It's very, but VERY dangerous, because it can obstruct the flow of blood to major organs.
Depending on where the clot forms, arterial thrombosis can cause several serious conditions, including:
• heart attack – when blood flow to the heart is suddenly blocked
• stroke – when blood flow to the brain is cut off.
So as you can see the connection is there and it does exist. It is very dangerous and you need to be aware of it all the time.
Take care of yourself! Have a nice day!

Hello there everyone. Coronary thrombosis is a term that is used to describe the blockage of a coronary artery secondary to blood clotting within the artery. Thrombosis of coronary arteries occurs when the opening or even the lumen, of the artery that becomes so small that the blood flow through the narrowed segment slows, allowing the blood to clot in the artery. Thrombosis of a coronary artery can lead to a heart attack if not treated on time and properly, like your doctor recommended you. As you can see there is a huge connection between them. Don't you ever forget it!