I am 36 years old, and I have a happy body image but also a lot of lines and wrinkles on my face. If I am honest, I look a lot older than 36 because of it. I had some rough years in my youth and I guess that it all took its toll. If possible, I want to do something about the lines around my eyes and get botox around the eyes. Are there any side effects?

Botox injections can be really good for crow's feet around the eyes. They are not useful for the lower eyelid, however. That requires soft tissue fillers. 

The main side effect of Botox treatment around the eyes is the possibility of ptosis, which is that your eyelid starts drooping. This happens in up to three percent of those who receive Botox injections there or even in the forehead or between the eyebrows, so it is something to be aware of. Choosing an experienced and qualified doctor will help minimize that risk, of course, but the risk always exists. 

Good luck!

Most doctors will tell you that botox anywhere in the body is now a routine procedure, that it is safe and there are no side effects. Yes, botox is very common now. But let's not forget about the fact that it is a toxin. Side effects of botox are rare, but not non-existent. They include hives and wheezing, itching, chest pain and difficulty swallowing. If you do get botox around the eyes, and have any of these side effects, get yourself to the ER without delay.