Hi. I am 37 years old woman. I want to treat my wrinkles, but I don`t want to have a facelift surgery. I am more interested in non-surgical procedures, such as Botox. I would like to hear something about Botox. How is it performed? How long does it last? Are there any side effects?

Hi. The procedure will take a few minutes. Botox is injected without anesthesia. It will take several days to take full effect. The effect from Botox injection will last for a half year. Every procedure, surgical or not, has its` complication and side effects. Botox side effects include temporary bruising, temporary headaches (rarely), and eyelid drooping. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding you shouldn`t take Botox. In case you have a neurological disease you also shoudn`t take Botox. I have to say Botox doesn`t work for all wrinkles.

At 37, you'd certainly be far too young for a facelift! In 20 years, maybe, but not now!!!

The effects of Botox treatment generally last between three and six months. After that, you will need a new round of Botox if you want to retain the results. I would definitely read up on the possible side effects of Botox before you commit to it. Anything from terribly drooping eyelids to constant headaches can happen. Being injected by a qualified and experienced professional will lessen the risk of side effects, but never completely eliminate them. This is something you need to be aware of going into it.