New Reply New Topic Followed by 20 people

Hi, my friend is 32 years old and he didn't feel well in last few weeks. He was complaining on dizziness, tingling in his arms and vision problems. I thought that he was too tired because he is working very hard but his doctor sends him to MRI. Results from MRI showed white spots in the brain. Does someone know what may it be?

Hi, I don't want to discourage you but I think that such results are not good. My friend is suffering from multiple sclerosis and same thing was discovered on his MRI 5 years ago. I hope your friend will be better because this disorder also has its middle forms. I wish him luck.

I am 32 also and have had the same signs. Suffering from headaches from the time i wake till the time I fall asleep. Its been going on for over a month now. Even seeing things swirl when i try to stair at anything for a minute. A week ago I had a MRI and it was also white spots. They claim its migs. I dont have any history of headaches nor dose anyone on either side of my family. For some reason I fear its much more. Do distrubing visuals come with migs.

PLEASE somebody help me. I just got this same diagnosis on yesterday and I am scared as HELL!!! My doctor only says he doesn't think it's MS, but he has not offered me any suggestions as to what it could be. I have headaches all the time. And suddenly, I feel the tingling. I can't accept that these spots just are there for no reason...SOMEBODY? ANYBODY?

I was just told by my neuro that I have two white spots on my brain stem.
At first I didn't quite understand (and still don't really) what it meant. The neuro went on to tell me that he didn't quite understand the radiologist's notes and that he needed to speak with them to see what they were trying to report. The neuro went on to tell me it could be MS or I could have been having "mini" strokes.
He told me the white spots would be somewhat normal if I was an 80 yr old but since I am only 48 yrs old we should look into the reason further.
Like you this has somewhat scared the hell out of me too but the neuro assured me that I shouldn't be paranoid (?) and said we would discuss it more my next visit.
May I ask what symptoms lead you to have the MRI that showed the "white spots"?
I have had debilitating pain such as muscle spasms, shooting pains and weekness in my neck, arms, hands, etc.
At first it was localized to my right side but continues moving to my left side and to my legs and feet.
I did have neck surgery C-5,C-6 ACDF, 3 yrs ago do to the chronic pain but the surgery only made matters worse.

If you find out anything else will you please post? I will do the same.

hi there how is that all going, when i was 17 i had my first numbness in my right side, i got told migarines, a few years latter it happened again but differene, i then couldnt walk properly for amonth and has alot of headaches and dizzyness, then afew yrs latter it happened again, but to my left side i ran an ambulance and was told i was having anxiety attack go see my gp, so i did he sent me straight to hospital and they told me it was marigranes, or maybe strokes, i was 28 then. i reqested that more get done, so got sent to specialist, who said it is not margranes as they dont more sides, my eye sight is getting worse, this im getting numbness in my forehead, lips, fingers, feet, side of tummy, groin, cheeks,tongue, my memory is getting worse i couldnt turn atap on at times i think things are happening but are not, i feel sick most of the time, i choke on my spit, i also get weak very fast, i havent been taken seriously for 12yrs until i paid for tests, they found a cyst compressing my spinal cord, got that removed mo difference there, they found a condition chairi malformation which isnt serious yet, I had another mri done november 08 and it showed white matter on the brain, i have now been told that they are goin to look seriously are MS. i will have to go for a spinal tap to hopefully say it is, when i get each attack it takes a few months to function normally i have noticed that each time it gets longer,

migarines only have the symtons for aslong as it lasts, maybe 24 hrs, if your symtoms are lasting weeks or months or you are noticing things are different each time you get numb then its not migranes, also do you get burning feet or hands?, are you interested in sex?, are you always tired?,
are you forgetting things?
have they put you on disprin?

its a scarey thing and you know something is wrong, just listen to yourself

hi im 15 yrs old and my mom was found with the same white spots on her brain. i have a little sister and its just us. i'v been researching and can't find any answer's. dose anyone know what this means. please i need some answers. :'(

hi, i am 14 years old, almost 15 and the doctors just recently discovered white spots on my moms brain. They didn't tell us what it meant or anything. My dad works all the time, so he's not aware of this. Can anybody tell me what this means. Please im very frightened. :'(

Hi. I am a 49 yr old mother of a 25 yr old daughter. My daughter, like you, panicked when they found a spot on my brain stem. I tried to reassure her that it was okay and that I'm not going anywhere for a very long time. I'm sure your mother would like to say this to you if she knew how concerned you are.
The neurologist I am currently seeing told me there could be several reasons for white spots at my age. It could be MS. I could have suffered what is termed as a "mini" stroke or it could be a loose artifact.
I am no doctor and do not claim to be an expert on this. I'm only reciting what my doctor told me.
Is your mother under going further testing?
Personally I feel it would be a wise choice for her to do so.
I have to admit when I first heard MS I was a little shaken up. I think of MS in terms of total disablement. When I started doing research I discovered that there are several new medicines that will help with the progression of MS so it is wise to get diagnosed as soon as possible.
I am still under going test to find out if this is my problem or not.
I just wanted to try to ease your fears somewhat with this email as I did my daughter's.
Modern medicine (though very costly!) is a modern miracle in my eyes. Many illnesses once considered extremely bad can be cured or slowed down. (What a wonderful world!).
If your mother's doctor thinks it necessary to do further testing please urge her to do so.
Hope I've helped you.

Guest wrote:

hi, i am 14 years old, almost 15 and the doctors just recently discovered white spots on my moms brain. They didn't tell us what it meant or anything. My dad works all the time, so he's not aware of this. Can anybody tell me what this means. Please im very frightened. :cry:

Don't panic white spots on a brain scan are comon especially as we get older-beware internet research, it rarely gives full and valid answers. Talk to your Mum and to the doctors. Tell people your scared and get some answers, don't suffer in silence

I was told, by my neurosurgeon, that spots on the brain stem are rarely seen in someone my age (49) but they are a normal sighting for someone much older.
It appears (from a spinal tap) that I have had a "mini" stroke at one time or another.
I only got the test results from the doctor's nurse. I'm still awaiting an office visit with my neuro.

I have white spots on my brain, Also I have memory lose and I do have seizures disorders..

At the age of 38 I experiences: Something that sound like to this. I was talking a drop to the floor.. it was company with a tremble, Headache and weakness. I thought I had a seizure but I was still aware. It did last long about less than 1 minute. Knowing that when I have a seizure it doesn’t feel that way.

My left side was paralyzed, I have weakness, Numbness and the Headache last for days will I was in the Hospital. My hands sweat and swell, my feet swell. I have numbness in My left arm and legs.. I also have dizziness, tingling and Vision problems I see stars sometimes. I was in a wheel chair they said the I could have had a stroke but there is no Normal evidence in my brain that show this.. of a Stroke.

Also, they say in may be Migraines. But I can wake out of a complete sleep and the tiredness’ and the weakness along with the dizziness and tingling last for days…

And the Headache does feel like a Normal Headache. Because they occur during my sleep and awaking out of sleep..

Did a MRI and it show the spots they said that my brain looked the age of 70 year old..

Now I am 41 the doctor don’t know what the spots are they just say they haven’t change.

But by looking at the MRI they are complete circle white 4 spots two on left side and two on the right side.

If you could but both half of brain on top on one another the spots could almost match up.

Nero said Yes many people have white spots on there brain but it when they get old Not at my age..

I wish if some else get any more information please post..

Have you been checked for MS (multiple schlorosis)?

Re: White spots on your MRI. There are many explanations for the white spots and rarely are they definitive. I have had a very interesting period that has lasted over the past three months. For times sake, I will shorten the boring but informative occurances.

I was having difficulty with learning somethings in a college class. I have returned to school after a 30 year absence. I have a degree, but I was not beeing successful with my classes. I became alarmed at this and went to a neurologist to see if there was something wrong with my brain. I had an MRI and compared with an MRI I had had 7 years earlier, I was told that I had more white spots.

The doctor could not detect any cognitive impairment and suggested that I see a cardiologist. The cardiologist checked me and discovered that I have a hole in my heart, a pretty good sized one at that. What has this to do with white spots? I'll tell you. When you have a hole in the wall between the atria of your heart, the blood does not circulate properly and tiny clots can be taken to the brain by the circulating blood. The cardiologist did a test called a transcranial doppler test. They inject harmless microbubbles into a vein in your arm and the doppler "hears" them as they travel up the carotid arteries. Sometimes the tiny clots also travel to the brain and cause a tiny amount of damage. This is only one cause of white spots.

Anyway, I had a proceedure done to correct the hole-it is a non-surgical proceedure- and now I don't have to worry about this cause of white spots. But we also discovered that my 16 year old son has this problem also.

One of the hallmarks of this problem is migraine headaches. It might be worth a person's time to ake to have one of these tests done.
Talk to your neurologist, your family practitioner, or your cardiologist. Good luck!

I am only 23 years old and my doctor told me I have spots on my brain. She didn't explain to me or anything. Should I be worried? I get really bad migraines, bursts of white in my vision, lightheadedness, and theres times where i almost faint. What should I do, my current doctor isn't going to do anything for it. This really scares the hell out of me. Should I get a 2nd opinion?