I experienced a severe headache yesterday and I went to my mom’s chest of drawers to get something for my headache and I found an unfamiliar box of drugs called adivant. I didn’t know my mom was taking any of the drugs and I would like to know what this is. Thx

I am sure you heard of lorazepam, it is the same as Ativan. They are benzodiazepines. These drugs are used for the relief of anxiety, agitation, irritability, to relieve insomnia, to calm people with mania. Ativan may also be used to help in the prevention of severe alcohol withdraw symptoms. It has less of an effect on the liver then other benzodiazepines, making it better suited if you are taking birth control pills, anti-abuse drugs, propranolol, ulcer medications, or any other drug that affects the liver. If you would like to be supportive to your mom’s problems, it is high time you talked to her about this.