Hi all. I’m 37 and have been dependent on alcohol for almost 10 years. Finally, I’ve realized that I want to stop and get my life back to normal (my liver is almost gone, I’ve lost my family and friends…). At first I thought it was going to be an easy task because I really made up my mind but after few days without an alcohol I realized what alcohol withdrawl really stands for!!! I was sweating, had 2-3 seizures, experienced really heavy headache… I really want to stop drinking but I need some sort of help to get over alcohol withdrawals… I’m not health insured so I can’t go to doc… Is there anyone here with some piece of advice?? Is there something that could help me in my fight?? Thanks for all answers!!!

Good for you!!! I think your decision is one of the best that you’ve made so far in your life!!! Alcohol can only ruin your life and nothing else!!! Unfortunately, you’ll have to be stronger than ever to overcome it. Even though you’re not health insured, I’m sure there are few institutions that might help you. You should ask around more… In meantime, there are few things that might help you with alcohol withdrawals. First of all be sure not to take a single drop of alcohol – stick to it!!! You can ease alcohol withdrawals by taking of the anti-anxiety drugs known as benzodiazepines such as Valium, Lorazepam or Midazolam. They will calm you very fast. On the other hand, try to use those meds as rare as possible – you don’t want to become an drug addict, right?? Use them only, but only in the most severe cases. If you have mild to moderate withdrawal, you can use Inderal, Tenormin, Dapakote or Tegretol. Good luck!!!

Well this is coming from an alcoholic who has experienced what you are going through. I wish u could find a way to get to a doctor because it is the safest way to go. Even going to an ER they will give u Ativan a anti-seizure med that helps with all the side effects. Ive been on it and once again am going back to get on it today. So, it takes more than meds. Its true that we need support. It just rarely gets better without it. I have to make some changes this time because i cannot live like this. Alcohol sucks. Sounds juvenile but it is how i feel right now and hopefully forever. If u truly cannot go to the Doctors even though the ER will bill u and u will b helped then u need to weane yourself. Alcohol is dangerous to stop cold turkey especially since u have had seizures. it is more dangerous than anything else. Please take care and good luck.

Hi all, i am going to admit on this site as it is quite anonymous that l am an alcholic, this is even hard to type! First time l have done this. I come from a long line of alcholics , father, aunts , mum. I now at the age of 46 having beeen a daily drinker since the age of 15 , wonder if it has effected me. Last liver and kidney test l had in 2004 said all A-OK , but l seem to suffer from symptoms such as a shaking right leg daily, and wonder if this has anything to do with alcohol. I have a rule that l stick to, that l dont ever have a drink before 4pm, which in my mind tells me l am undercontrol. I want to know if there is anything out there, that l can take which will make my body reject alchol , l would like some sort of injection, as l know that their are pill available, but prob would not take them , :$

Excessive drinking can damage your nerves causing uncontrollable shaking, but as with everything else, go to your dr. as far as a injection, there is one called Naltrexone, its once a month. Its not a cure all, you have to change your lifestyle, join AA, therapy, whatever works for you. and NEVER get too comfortable in your thinking, thats when your likely to "slip". Sobriety is something you will have to 'work' for everyday.....GOOD LUCK!!!!

try lorazepam they work for me

First you try to avoid being idle...
but don't mingle with groups who have bad influence...
eat as much as possible, have hot soups..
still if you can't control it... better approach any rehab center.

You can face withdrawal symptoms while getting Alcohol Treatment. But these are not log lasting. They will go away as time will pass. Jus keep faith in your treat process and kepp getting that properly. You will overcome of it very soon.

Good Luck.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Im 19 years old and have been an alcohol since I was 14. These recent months have been morning, noon, and night of nothing but drinking. I ended up homeless because my family said enough until I agreed to quit and enter a rehabilitation center. They agreed. Not my withdrawals are endlessly worse than any from my past. I have constant shake, changes in body temperature that seem to never stay the same for more than a few minutes. The anxiety is unbearable and well as this time I have entered the DT's. I began hallucinating on day 2 sober and hearing voices that called my name and witnessing still objects moving around. Apart from that, I have encountered my first of hopefully few seizures. My tongue was completely split in half from me chewing it and i had this fit for almost 5 mins before my dad found me and called the ambulance. Apparently too, I had a small clot in my brain from several head injuries that another seizure could cause a stroke and most likely paralysis or death. Anyways my wake up call or rock bottom or whatever one likes to refer to it as. Im leaving to a 90 day rehab center and hope and pray for all you suffering addicts with too receive the health you desereve before it is too late. Even at this present moment as I write I feel the withdrawals, the hallucinations are present but have slowed, the weakness and trembling have increased and I pray that another seizure is not on its way. Good luck to everyone and God bless.