What is Adavant used for and what are the side effects?

You have misspelled it. The name is Ativan and it belongs to a group called benzodiazepines. It is a mild tranquilizer and it could be used for a variety of anxiety disorders like generalized anxiety, insomnia, irritability and agitation, nervous tension, as a tranquilizer in bipolar disorder during manic episodes as well as for schizophrenia.

Other possible uses include seizures in children, amnesia, alcohol withdrawal symptoms, etc. if a person is using other drugs, contraceptives this drug may come in handy because unlike other benzodiazepines, it has mild effect on the liver.

These are the most common side effects that are not dangerous. If any of these occur, you needn’t stop using the drug but you should report it to your doctor: drowsiness or dizziness, nausea, vomiting, headaches, low libido, diarrhea, constipation, dry mouth, etc

However, if the following occur, you should immediately stop taking the drug and call your doctor or go to the ER: changes in vision, severe confusion, hallucinations, allergic reactions like swelling, problems breathing, rash, mouth sores, yellowing of the skin, etc

You know this pissiness of this reply doesn't help anyone. How do you know how Jannie spells her name is right or wrong, it's HER NAME!

You said there are 2 different meds - if you look them up in the PDR, only ONE is listed and that is Ativan - what JANNIE came back with. If you want to be helpful, do so and come back with your two different descriptions for the meds, otherwise, keep it to yourself so that others can find the information helpful and not spiteful.

She was telling the chick that she spelled the name of the medicine wrong dummy

"You know this pissiness of this reply doesn't help anyone."

Neither does your being an obviuos m***n. Nothing better to do?

you get mad real easy 'miss pissi'.   the tone of the reply was not meant to hurt but possible to help. maybe the replier did not want her to search for the wrong medicine. too bad the chemists have not created a medication to help with your attitiude!

I believe that there are two drugs spelled somewhat alike: Adavant and Ativan.

I am a doctor. There is not a drug called Adavant. There is, however, an Ativan. Good luck.

Well Doc.... sounds like they all need 1!!!

I SPELLED THE WORR AS I HEARD IT. SOME PEOPLE SOUND A T AS A D. THIS LEADS TO A MIS-SPELLING AND INCORRECT PRONOUNCIATION. GLAD TO KNOW THE CORRECT SPELLING THANKS.

ty Ativan is great for panic attacks and very addictive..use restraint

Adavant is different than Ativan.

Didn't read the entirety of the post, sorry for that, but just wanted to correct it because someone else give me the same misinformation thinking I was speaking of Ativan

Look this is a public forum and I was asked to Google the medication by my step-mother. I absolutely pride myself on my spelling ability, but not in medication. I don't mind being corrected, nor do I mind looking the two separate​ meds up myself. Please save the nastiness for elsewhere. If you have a question ask it, and attack the replier in your own subject line. My apologies to all for the wasted space in my subject.
My dad's wife is a bonafide head case. The questions I ask, and the answers, are valuable​ to everyone in my family. My dad was, and is not safe with her alone and her medication will hopefully help this before I go to jail. She is unspeakably evil and self-serving, she has done things to my dad that compel me to try and help her because he loves her.

How potent is a adavant