I know it's a tough question to answer but any help that I can get will be appreciated. In your honest opion what is the best Antidepressant medication is the best for mood disorders. I don't have Bipolar. I have suffered from depression for about 4 years. Been on effexor 225mg per day. Honestly I don't even think the meds is working so what are some recommendations that people might have. Thanks

Sorry, everyone's different and some antidepressants will work great but have adverse effects on another with the same condition. Well, common sense I guess this is but I'd say just tell your doctor you don't think it's working and if he/she doesn't listen be more assertive. And I'm sorry to say that a lot of psychiatrists are terrible at their jobs and don't give a c**p really about the patient. (Hope I'm not making you paranoid cause I get that problem.) Some will just keep upping doses on drugs to the point of over-medication and a zombie-like state, and then give you other meds to counteract terrible side effects of the other meds. Anyways I think your doctor should be the one who's able to tell you what to take, but at the same time I personally do research of my own on the web about side effects because even my latest psychiatrist has done some not so perfect things with me.