Hello, I have been taking for a long time Tambocor. I have used this drug because of the irregular heart beat (atrial fibrillation, as my doctor described it). Before the treatment, I had severe symptoms which are subdued now. I have heard that flecainide acetate might be helpful too. Is that right?

You should know there is no difference between these two medications, because those are actually one, same thing. Tambocor is the brand name of flecainide acetate. This drug is used for dealing with irregular heartbeat, especially in the case you have. So, there is nothing to worry or think about, those are the same meds.

I am not sure if there is no difference , I had to go thru 4 meds 3 gave me tachycardia and sent me to the emergency room each time with irregular heart rate from 90 to 140 They gave me shots of something each time, but the last time was between putting in stints and they were sending me to ICU to shock when my heart stop and 17( I have the print out) seconds later started on its on. I had one stint on Saturday and the next on Monday ,as they did not have the right size for the second

. Two of the meds I took were Tambacor and Isosorbide can't remember the other one but , finally we tried Flecainide acetate 50 mg 2 times daily and have been on it for over 7 years. I was diagonosed with arrhythmia in 1979 and Inderal worked as a beta blocker for me til I got older had 4 of cardio infraction, tests ,2 stints put in then going thru trials with medication as I donot tolerate meds very well , Flecainide acetate is the only thing that I have not side effect from. I thank God every day because none of the infractions seemed to have done any lasting damage to my heart. The over 30 years of fast food ,smoking,drinking and stress were my problem. Have stopped the first 3 , and take a Xanax evry night at bedtime for the fourth. AM doing just fine as you can see