I’ve been diagnosed with major depressive disorder in 2012. and since then I was first on sertraline, then on fluoxetine (that one I’m still taking). Sertraline did nothing for my depression at all and it seems like fluoxetine isn’t helping things either. Besides, I seem to have lost the little appetite I had while on fluoxetine.

I’m going to talk with my psychiatrist about switching me to some other medications and so far I’ve found out that Remeron might help with my appetite and sleep issues, but other people also had same results with Effexor. What is the difference between Remeron and Effexor?

Remeron and Effexor are two different antidepressants - for some people one is more effective than the other, while other people don't react well to either of them. It ultimately comes down to you trying it for yourself and finding out.

But, I'd recommend you to first try Remeron because it will help you with insomnia and appetite, while Effexor, on the other hand, might be effective for you, but this medication is very notorious for being very hard to stop because it causes number of withdrawal symptoms.