Yesterday I heard that my dear cousin has one disease that I’ve never heard before. It’s cardiac myopathy. Please, can somebody be so kind and explain to me what kind of disease is cardiac myopathy? And should I need to worry? I don’t know anything about it. Any information will be useful for me. Thank you!

Cardiac myopathy is a life-threatening condition. It is a disease of the heart muscle. The heart muscle becomes inflamed and doesn't work as well as it should. Some people who develop cardiac myopathy may have no signs and symptoms in the early stages of the disease. There are three main types of cardiomyopathy.

hi my sister died of this condition leaving 2 young children it was sudden and she didnt khow she had it so please be carfefull ans seek doctors guidance continally this was 10 years so hopefully medicine will have moved on