my younger brother drinks a lot especially in those lasts months in fact he has this drinking problem for longer than a decade but somehow he managed to control it and now I think he came to the point where he needs to face some condition called alcoholic myopathy-at least that is what my cousin is saying so I am curious what is this alcoholic myopathy about and is there any help for my brother to stop drinking.

Yes there is a help option for ones who have drinking problems-have you ever heard of alcoholic rehab center?-that is the place where your brother should seek help. Anyway alcoholic myopathy is common complications in alcohol abusers for you know alcohol may affect seriously ones health causing at first place liver complications and when it comes to alcoholic myopathy than it means that whole system is falling apart especially regarding muscle weakness and persons with alcoholic myopathy may feel serious weakness in shoulders muscles but also in neck and face muscles. I think the symptoms are similar in both chronic and acute alcoholic myopathy.