I know none of us are guilty of this but I'm sure we've all met types like this. What type of racer/runner ticks you off ?

Nothing really ticks me off, but the only one that bothers me is people who start too close to the front when they shouldn't be there. But then again, people are often faster than they look so I try to give the benefit of the doubt and assume they know what they're doing.

I always enjoy the pods of chatters who are lining up 6 & 7 strong in the 6 minute mile area. then they rush out as a group, giggling and laughing at a 9 min pace.

I'm still pissed off about the female masters winner who drafted off me and tripped me up twice in a 4 mile race last year.

0

I usually only have issues with people on the TM at the gym.

At that point I would have started slowing down a lot to the point she would have to pass me or lose her division. Then blast past her.
Did you say anything to her ? Did it do any good ?

The first time I let it slip since I didn't fall. The second time it caused me to break stride and I turned around to give her an earful. She had moved over about 10' to the side. I couldn't find her post-race. I'm sure as hell not gonna slow down for anyone no matter how big an id**t they are.

Is it just me, or does drafting Rob seem like a poor race strategy?

:LOL: I get annoyed by people who have "jingling things" with them (i.e. money in the pocket, etc). Plus, I get annoyed with all the groups of talkers. This is a RACE not a chat session! Smell of food annoys me both during a race and during training. UGH! Just give me GU!

No doubt! Save that verbage for the race blog!! :o

I don't see "they smell" category

The people in front of me. Don't they know I'm trying to win?

who's going to admit to committing one of those crimes??????!!!

I confess: someone once told me to "shut up" in a race. I wanted to say "I wasn't talking to you"

edited to add: I didn't stop chatting 'til mile 4. It's "still my 10k pr"

Ah HA! One of the talkers!
;)

It's been awhile, but BTDT...
"Starts off like a blaze of glory"

I'd vote for the last one if you replace the descriptions with "fatter." But then again, it's more of a motivator for me.

The only person who ever pissed me off in a race was the guy who read me the riot act towards the end of the Chicago Marathon. :x