I get the most interesting reactions...

well last month a woman asked how far I had just run. I said 6. (i ran during son's soccer practice). She freaked "you run 6 miles a day???!!. At that point I didn't want to correct her that it was my first run of the day.

First run of the day! Your crazy!

I saw my friend Drue's mom driving back one day and she made a comment like, " I think you need to get him to go with you. How far do you run?"
I was on an 8 mile run that day, and when I told her she looked at me as though I was crazy which made me crack up (then I probably looked insane).
You should've seen her face when I told her that was a short run 8O .

My mom used to think anything I ran was a marathon.

heehee.

Usually I get the impression that they don't comprehend what the mileage means. I got even better reactions from people when I was backpacking. "You started where?"

I love that! When I tell people I'm training for a 13.1 mile race, they're like, "That's a marathon!!"

I have fun at the gym when people come in to workout and I'm on the treadmill running and an hour later when they leave I'm still on the treadmill running. They ask how far I'm going and I'll say "well today I'm trying to get to Winslow,(a small town about 10 miles from where the gym is) I'm almost there but I don't think I'll make it back you may need to come get me!" And they'll be like 8O :eek2:

When I first started racing and was doing mostly 5k's my Dad used to brag to all his friends that I was running marathons all the time. NowI'v completed 2 of them (run them is debatable).

Gosh.... I need to get back in shape! 8O

Most people don't ask, so I haven't really had these fun conversations. I've had to explain how far a marathon is and have heard in reply, "wow! That's a long way!".

when they here my skating mileage they normally tell me, "HELL, i don't even like to drive that far."

:1: Maybe it's just me (and Pug), but people rarely ask how far I run/ride.

They think I'm insane.

I just tell them I'm a middle aged recreational jogger and I don't run very far.

They think I'm insane.
Yeah, but about your running???? :P j/k.