I tend to like 5 mile races. I feel I can get into a good pace. I don't feel I am that fast so 5K are not my distances.
Maybe I should run (more than one) 10K races.
I like half-marathons too. The training, rest, recovery are much different than training for a full marathon. I'd like to work on my times for a 1/2 marathon.

8ks, 10ks and halfs...oh yeah!!!

5ks...nah..

Marathons: have yet to run one..I'll tell you when I run my first one next year :)

I'd say 10k. I've only ran it once (planning on once a week), but it's the longest distance I've run. I think the longer the run, the more I'll enjoy it.

The half. I've only run one, but I am looking forward to that race more than any other this fall.

I love the 5 mile or 10k race. 5k is like a sprint, 10mile Plus races require a bit more time to train for. 5m or 10k are about perfect for the amount of training I do.

I'm not a short distance runner either. It takes me 3-4 miles to get warmed up and really find a good pace. 10K or half marathon for me. :wiggle:

I enjoy the marathons and ultras the best. I have never been a speed person. However, what speed I do have, I can hold for the longer distances. That's why in HS I enjoyed cross country so much. I could do one 5:15 mile or do 3 miles at 5:30 pace.

Right now I can't remember how anything shorter feels because I have not raced anything shorter in the last few years.

The five miler.

Less than a 10K more than a 5K, so it involves a little bit of the strategy of running both races.

10k. Very doable distance, but not too easy.

Definitely the 5M. Though I also like the half.

5K.... The heck with strategy and getting into a pace.... balls to the wall for 3.1 miles!!!!

:1: - Plus, there are tons of them in this area. 10Ks and half marathons are few and far between.

Half marathon, baby.

Too slow for the 5K and 10K crowd. And, I find I don't hurt too much after a half that I am prepared for.

A marathon on the other hand, is extremely satisfying to finish. But it is so darn hard on the body, and I'm sore for at least a week. And my race times don't bounce back for nearly 2 months after a marathon.

These days, the 5k. All out speed/stamina management for 15-20 minutes. You need speed, strength, strategy, and luck.

My all time favorite race distance is the mile. That is the only distance I've outright won a race in. I just read the Perfect Mile and it reminded me about what an awesome distance that was to race and train for. The mile is the shiz!

The half is my favorite race to run, but I love, love, love training for the full! (and do like the race)

I'll be doing my first baby ultra in Dec. I'll let you know then. :D