Does a tubal ligation make you gain weight?

My mother had tubal litigation and afterwards she has gained some weight but nothing serious. She has adjusted her nutrition little bit and after few weeks she got back to normal. During that period we were doing research about tubal ligation and weight gain but we weren’t able to find results about it.

When did you do your surgery? Why did you do it? Because you don’t want to have more children or something else is in question?

How everything went? And besides weight gain did you experience any other side effects like nausea, cramps, dizziness ect.

And you are probably aware of the fact that tubal ligation reversal is possible but the procedure is complicated and there is no guarantee that it will work.   

Share with us your experience because as I have mentioned before there are hardly any results about this. Thank you in advance. 

Definitely YES, I used to be have a nice body, before I had the stupid tubal ligation operation. Really regretted, suck big time for me.  When I had some money to have a reversal tubal ligation operation, told the doctor I wanted to have kids...which I didnt want kids. After my tubal ligation OP, I started to lose my gross obese body weight, I was back to my perfect ideal weight. My fat blubbers disappeared gradually and my weight 100lbs and my clothes size 1. Very happy and wore my old clothes that I missed. My skin wasnt blotchy, my face wasnt chubby also. But know No I'm in my late 40s, I gradually gained more weight all over my face and everywhere. People think Im pregnant, cuz my tummy bloated out soo much. I hide with my big sweaters, big large shirts and baggy pants. I feel depressed all the time. If your doctor tell you, there's another way for birth controls...DON'T DO TUBAL LIGATION!!! You will regretted. I wish I had my other tubes untied and re-connected back again, and it COST FREE for reversal tubal ligations operation and second times also.

I replied to my question and answer above this topic. I made a mistake on my username...its Libra66, not Hoa88

I had been thin all my life. I never had a problem losing weight after i had my children. After giving birth to my fourth baby I had the TL. That was 4 years ago and i am still 50 pounds over weight!!! i have tried diet pills, weight watchers, working out etc... nothing gets me to lose more then 10 pounds which i gain right back after i am off the pills, stop a program or cut back on working out.. i don't know what to do.. I am considering a tubal reversal. Has anyone lost weight after having a reversal tubal done?

I did eventually lose the weight after I had tubal ligation reversal. I was very happy for 5 years. But then, I gained more weight after I went into menopause or reached age late 40s. My body started getting chubbier n my gross body fat ballooned to weird shapes. I havea huge pot-belly. Even when I didn't eat til 12pm...or when I waked up. My tummy still chubby as ever..n chubbier. I hate my body fat. i wish I never had tubal ligation in the first place. its suck big time. Nothing you can do about it.

Some women take birth control pills that make them lose weight. Once they get a tubal ligation and the BCP's are out of their system, their own weight returns to normal (and is not a true weight gain). Sometimes after a tubal ligation a women starts to have very erratic periods, which are her own cycles without any medication. Sometimes the blood supply to the ovaries is affected by the tubal ligation.

sweetstlouiswoman wrote:

Guest wrote:

Back again, why not go back on the birth control pills you used before as you seemed to lose the weight after each pregnancy (I assume you took birth control pills after each pregnancy). Check your TSH and thyroid as this may not be related to tubal ligation. Women gain weight after menopause due to the loss of estrogen. Also, if the blood supply was compromised at tubal ligation, this would cause weight gain.

i got my TL in 2001 after my 4th one i havent lost the weight since.

my doctor says it has nothing to do with that, but i know shes wrong. i lost all my weight with my first 3 why after the tubal not even 5 pounds i can lose. my stomach feels different i always feel so bloated. i walk 3 miles 5 days out of the week and some times i do zumba. and watch what i eat. can someone please help

I had a tubal ligation about 3 months ago. I put on about 10lbs. havent changed my diet much. Put all my weight on in thighs and stomach. Other than that I have had no other problems.

I had a tubal ligation, I'm 40. I have four children. Didn't start gaining weight till I had my tubal ligation. Reading these letters that you all have written is very discouraging. It appears I'm not going to win from losing. The reversal works after a while but then back to the blubber belly. This is very depressing.

So true I got a tubal ligation and I want more kids but it cost to much to fix that. I regret it .

hi there, I need some help I got my done 2 years ago and I am not happy at all. I gained so much weight, where did you reversal your tubals. some help please.