Its been seven months after my abortion and I'm gaining weight as if i'm still pregnant. Is this normal? Could the birth control that i'm on have an effect?? will i loose weight or will it be easier to loose weight after nine months?

hi i want the same answer but know that i too had one like 2 months ago an am having lots of trouble losing the weight, hope fully we will get the answer from someone. but at least know your not alone

Hi. Me too. I had an abortion 3 months ago.

I'm 30 and have been 8 stone for the last 5 years. I've never dieted as my weight has always stayed constant. But now I've put on a stone in 3 months!

It all seems to be on my tummy, so much so that I find myself wondering if I might still be pregnant. (I'm not!)

Yessssssssssss, had an abortion 5months ago. Gained 12lbs first month of having the abortion and I work OUT HARD and have always eaten a lot and stayed constant. having a real hard time losing it and look kind of sloppy like i've had a baby.

I had an abortion less than a month ago, I've gained ten pounds from the start of being pregnant.

I eat very well, and work out about twice a week (not as often as I should). I went to the gynocologist today and asked her if it was just me, or what the deal was.

She said it was a combination of the pregnancy hormones, the birthcontrol I was put on, as well as diuretic weight (water weight) being added.

Unfortunately, she said that the weight wasn't going to go away by itself-even though the cause was due to the pregnancy and of the hormones.

So I am off to the gym. Hope that might help some of you.

I had my 2nd son April 07. A couple months later, I had an unplanned pregnancy at the end of August and had an abortion in September of 07. I was 11 weeks along and noticed I was gaining weight allready and having a bigger appetite. Well 1 year later, after the abortion, I've gained sooo much weight. I've never been this heavy before. I didnt have any problems losing the weight after I had both my sons. It seemed to come off naturally. The only cause that I pin point it to is my abortion. After I had my 2nd son I was in a size 7-8. Now I'm in a size 11-12 and 155#S.. YIKES!! Is that normal? Although, it is easing to hear that I'm not the only one who's experienced this.

i had an abortion this month, i was 8wks in. after the abortion i noticed a gain in weight, my stomach even looked bigger.i think its weird that im gaining weight although i had an abortion, like im not pregnant anymore

i had 2 abortions and i try so hard to loose weight it just seems like im gaining more weight i try so hard it maked me get into depression know my fiancee says im fat and it hirts me but what can i do i have 3 girls and i know thats no excuse but i need answers.

i just had an abortion few days ago..
even before i knew i was pregnant i gained 4 pounds..and now after my abortion..i gained 3 more..i hardly eat and normally i can eat whatever i want and not a gain a pound. is this abortion going to effect my metabolism and weight forever? it seems like my stomach is huge and i'm normally a very tiny person. please help!

i'm so happy to see that i'm not alone in this. i actually asked my gyno about this today. i never had issues with gaining excessive weight or trouble loosing weight... till i had an abortion. now it seems stuck on me! i had the abortion a year ago and have gained about 15 lbs since then. my diet did not change much, until about 2 months ago when i started counting calories like mad. even on 1500 cal/day, i cannot get the weight to budge. has anyone heard from any medical professional about this??

well i had an abortion three weeks ago and i was 12 weeks in and had gained 8pounds i noticed most of my weight on my face and lower stomach area.. i realized i had lots of problems emotionally stressed during my preg due to my relationship with the father but i realized that i was really gaining weight cause of my binge eating and stress... after the abortion i focused on starting my life over and so i started eating way less and being jus a little more active like walking and not sittiing on the couch after i ate... i believe a lot of women become depressed after the abortions and dont realize they over eat due to this.

I'm having this problem. Never had an issue with weight gain & now it's been 18 months after my abortion & I've gained over 10 kilograms. Dieting and exercising isn't getting rid of the weight so might go see a doctor.

I've had the same c**p happen, I gained like.. 15 pounds and I was about 11 weeks pregnant. The weight, I'm still struggling with.. However, I did hear from certain people that avocado leaves actually helps break down the developments you got through the abortion. I myself have not tried it yet (Well duh I live in British Columbia) But I'm hoping to try it sometime soon...

If anyone tries this I hope something good comes out of it.. I totally understand... and the comments people give you about weight gain? My god..

i just had mine yesterday, i was 5 weeks and 2 days. i was a size 5-7 bofore and only noticed my pants were snug after a day of eating. now i already feel my body returning to normal. my waiste size is down half an inch from yeasterday morning. i have not started the birthcontrole yet. it propbably is more of an individul thing. i don't really thing you can relate stories. in fact the most common factor could be a higher level of stress, which on it's own can cause weight gain.

I was going to ask, if you have gained a bit of weight after the abortion, it could be for a number of reasons. Have you been able to get the weight back off at all?