do you automatically head for the computer?

And do you find it easily?

And do you remember what you did before the advent of the world's knowledge at your fingertips?

I just pick up the phone and call my X. She knows everything....

!!!!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yes i go for the pc.
Yes I find it easily (usually)
No I do not remember that time because I have always had the Internet. I do remember ussing the encyclopedias a few times though.

i had three sets of encyclopedias. i'd find it

At one point or another, we've talked about everything, no?

Honestly, I think that's so!

In my case when I get stuck on a clue for the NYT Sunday Crossword I crank up the old search engines for a spin. Most of the time I do get an answer. I do also use it to find out more routine questions like why are nuclear subs shaped like they are ? I managed to find a person at the Naval War College who gave me a very nice and concise answer.

As a sugggestions I always use

www.dogpile.com

Its an excellent search engine that works through ALL the other search engines and programs and gives you a summary.

I use Google to help me with crossword puzzles. The lovely bride says its cheating, I say its researching.

Another successful Sunday NYT puzzle day !! Only had to look up two things. How long it it take people to get the " 'V' formations" ?

I have yet to complete a NYT puzzle and I have been doing them over 10 years. I usually do the Philadelphia Inquirer one first then move to NYT.

I used to get the Inquirer regularly some time ago. I found the Inquirer puzzle a bit easy. Don't get me wrong, its hard but simpler than the NYT. BTW, did you know the NYT Puzzle in the Inquirer is actually a week old ?

Yup, I figured that out almost right away.

That was a good one!....thanks...I needed a good laugh.... :D

Yes, I do head for the computer, and no, I'm older than dirt, I can barely remember when we didn't have computers....I seem to recall a couple of stone tablets lying around the basement that I used to reference....or I'd ride the dinosaur over to the library and look at the cave paintings

Modern technology ROCKS!