After a day off of work I come in and discover someone has been working at my computer. While this does not bother me, the fact that they changed some of my settings has really PO'd me. Would it be so wrong to find out who it was and really screw with their settings? Is this vindictive? Mean? Outright un-cow-orker like? Witness?

using someone else's computer: bothersome, but somewhat acceptable.

changing settings on it: unacceptable

find out who it was and tell them that you don't mind them using the computer but do not appreciate them changing the settings.

Give 'em hell and make 'em pay dearly. On the sly of course.

Don't the have to log in as someone else, i.e., your settings aren't messed with?

If they have the technology to block sites then they can do this!

Depends on what OS you're using.

Are we talking about a personal computer? Most people don't set up password protected separate identities on their personal computers. If it's at work and you left it logged in when you went away you deserved it.

I say find them, pour scalding hot poop coffee down their pants (if they are male), beat them within an inch of their miserable cow-orker life and then go change the settings on their computer and delete all their screen savers and downloaded porn.

We all have the same login password. There are always reasons we have to use someone elses computer. If there is a problem with a program we have to use the same computer it was made on to fix it. Or a question on a drawing or something. I just don't change peoples settings to suit myself. I can assure you, I'm the only person here who has taken official AutoCad training so I guarantee they will not be happy when I'm done.

tell your IT department to get with the times and use the computers the way they are supposed to be used. I can think of no reason why it is necessary for everyone to log on using the same username and password.

Kinda makes all that internet security moot, doesn't it, if no one knows who is logging into what machine anyway?

I HATE it if someone changes my settings. It can only happen at home...so you know who you are!

I say find out who it is, and then change their wallpaper to Brittney Spears.

I like the one of her getting out of Paris Hilton's car where you can see her lovely C section scar. It sort of looks like a wrinkly smile above her vertical smile.

It is annoying yes. I customize most of my settings and save them, that way I can change them back if need be.

At home I all kinds of fubby sound effects on the computer. Jen still doesn't know how to change them

:1: And then follow Genie's advice.

I got dibs that it was the guy you rolled on the floor laughing at about his cologne.

..didn't you say you worked with your hubby?