Hi everyone!

I'm new here. I have been using copper peptides for a while now (with good results I may add) and will soon start on Retin-A micro as well. I've come here to see if anyone reading these forums knows anything about the interaction between copper peptides and Retin-A micro. Is it generally okay to use these as a combo? And then, if it is, the more complication question, do I need to do anything special, like wait a while between using one and the other? There may be some interactions and I'd like to know about those before I start this combo. 

Cheers. 

Have you thought about applying one in the morning and the other in the afternoon? I don't have any experience with copper peptides myself, but that would give you a long enough window to ensure that your Retin-A can't interact with your copper peptides I should imagine. I also assume that Retin-A micro means that there is only a tiny amount of Retin-A in there, which should lessen any potential interactions in the first place. Anyway, if you are not sure you should just ask the doctor who prescribed the Retin-A. They will definitely know.

Did it, but with retinol. Did not work. My skin got horribly irritated + itchy as well as weirdly wrinkly like leather and this is not a combination I will ever use again. Looked for more info of course and found out it's probably the copper peptides. They are really bad for some people. Stopped copper peptides and decided to keep with the retinol. Have not had any issues since. My advice is stop and read before you use skin products together and decide which one you want to go with. Better safe than sorry.

So, I'm confused about copper peptides. There's a thread here about how they ruined people's skin, and that sounds really creepy. Having said that, yeah, I did hear there's studies that show that copper peptides actually work better than retinoids. So yeah, I dunno. I'd say read more about it before you take the plunge :). So, I did wanna say that some people actually use both, and say it works for them. At the very least that means it ain't impossible. Will you do some more research and let us know what you've decided? I've been using retinol and am pretty chuffed. Not considering adding anything right now, but well, I'm always curious to see how other folks are getting on...

Yes, that is totally cool.

The important thing to remember is that Retin-A starts breaking down when exposed to light — the reason it makes you sensitive to sun as well. Therefore, you're best off applying this at night just before you go to sleep. It will repair your damage over night.

In the morning, wash that off and apply your cream with copper peptides in the morning. This is an ideal way to combine to great skincare products in a way that does not make them interact with each other!

When you use Retin-A micro, do not apply any other products at the same time. Just that. I think it will work out very well for you.

Thank you! That was an extremely helpful answer! It's difficult when you have more than one product that you really want to use for your skin but it is clear that they do not work well together (which is why they are not incorporated in the same product in the first place). Your regimen sounds common sense and really easy to use so I will do that, then, of course stopping and asking back for advice if I see anything weird happening to my skin. Thanks so much!

I have the same question in general. I am not using Retin-A or Retin-A micro yet, but I have been using copper peptides and would like to continue that. Because my skin has reacted badly to some products in the past, I have figured that Retin-A micro is safer for me as it has a slower release and also, because you can apply it right after washing your face unlike Retin-A, I assume that using other products like copper peptides at the same time is OK too, but I thought I would check anyway.

Together as in at the same time? No, you definitely should not do that and any dermatologist will tell you that without reservation. It is not just this particular combo, but many that you should avoid. The best thing you can do if you want to use both is to apply one in the morning (and that would almost certainly be copper peptides) and then the other one in the evening. If you do that and keep them strictly separated then using both would be absolutely fine. Just don't apply one right after the other!