I am 52 years old and I have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. Changes that occurred are knee pain, joint swelling, and morning stiffness. For a long period I have been using anti inflammation non-steroidal drugs but they could not eliminate all symptoms, they only subdued those symptoms. I am using different type of medication now in my therapy. That is dexamethasone. What is the use of dexamethasone?

Dexamethasone is the medicament that belongs to a group of corticosterids. They are used for treating large variety of illnesses. Among those conditions, there are allergic diseases, pulmonal diseases, and ophthalmic problems. It is also used for dealing with rheumatic issues too, including rheumatoid arthritis. It acts in a way that stops inflammation process (affects the early stage of that process).