Hello, my daughter is 8 years old and she is currently having trouble with a viral infection. She was prescribed with Paracetamol and she is supposed to take it for the next three days. I would like to know how common is Paracetamol allergy in children? I just want her to feel better…

And Paracetamol should help her. It is a medication that does not belong to so called NSAID medication group, which is very effective but also can cause a lot of side effects. I am not saying that is not possible with Paracetamol too, but it does not happen that often, and almost never when used properly, as prescribed.

Hello there,

It is very rare that children develop Paracetamol allergy, and if she didn’t had it ever before than you shouldn’t be worried about this. I hope that your daughter is going to be better soon. Keep us posted about further events.  

my son seems to have a clear allergy to paracetamol. he gets blisters all over his body whenever he has a fever. what should i do.