Which would be a better med for me, Adderall 30 mg or Ritilin 20mg? I am manic depressive and have anxiety and panic disorders. I will be Valium with it.

Hello Charles,

Since you say you have manic depressive disorder, with anxiety and panic attacks, both Adderall and Ritalin are not the medications you want to take right now. I'm sure you know this yourself - they are basically medical amphetamine, but what's more important is the reaction you'll have if you take amphetamine-like medication. Your anxiety and panic will be up, as well as your heart rate and general sense of nervousness and agitation. What I'm trying to say here is that Adderall or Ritalin taken by someone who already suffers from anxiety and panic attacks will only make these conditions worse. Are you taking any medication to control your bipolar disorder, or anxiety?

Nicole

Just as an outside observer, isn't it fairly obvious they said they were taking valium to deal with the anxiety with it? 

What is it with selective reading in order to put your own "don't do speed" spin on it?

Just say no, right?

Maybe you should up your dose of amphetimine to help you focus when reading! :-P

And I'll save you the trouble of saying how you didn't know for sure that they were taking the valium for the anxiety or any other defense or justification to save face. There is none. 

One grows weary of people not able to get real help in the form of truthful replies.

yes, I completely missed that OP said he/ she is taking Valium to deal with anxiety. But you too missed my point - I have nothing against people taking Adderall or Ritalin if they are diagnosed with ADHD. However, if you're diagnosed with manic depression, like the OP said, there are far more successful medications that can control horrific mood swings, from Lithium to Lamictal. I have a feeling you can't even imagine what real manic episode looks like, amphetamine (legal or not) in comparison at least wears off,
Wish you all the best,
Nicole