Hello, I am 34 years old male, and I have a wife who was diagnosed for Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Please tell me something about this condition.

Hi, I was pretty messed up because of this, I was worrying too much even when there was no reason for it. I used to have anxiety even as there was no provocation for it. I had headaches, hot flashes, and I was trembling a lot. I was cured with cognitive-behavioral therapy, but it can be treated with some medications too. That is about it.

OH PLEASE TELL ME MORE
I know I have a generelized anxiety disorder but i dont have the money for therapy and dont want to take meds... OH PLEASE HELP I'VE been going through this since december and has just gotten worst to the point where I pusHed all my friends away so I dont worry about their problems with mines. now im ALONE with this problem and no HELP.

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

I did not want to take medication either. I fought it, but if you're feeling as bad as you sound, you need to get help. First see your medical doctor. They can prescribe an anti-anxiety and/or anit-depressant (Paxil or Zoloft). They can also prescribe Xanax for anxiety. The anti-depressant you take daily. It takes about 6 weeks to get the full benefit. The Xanax is something you take when you feel an attack come on. However, you may be in a state of constant anxiety. I've been there. Then you take the Xanax like 3 times a day. Once the anti-depressants "kick in"; it will greatly help the anxiety and you most likely won't need the Xanax daily. Believe me, the more out of control you feel the more anxiety you will have. It's like a snowball effect. If you can feel in control your anxiety will start to ease. Then you can worry about getting off the medication. You may not have the money to see a therapist, but I'm sure there are some "state funded" type places where you can go without having to pay or pay alot. Believe me, your well-being and health is much more important than the money you have to pay.

money has lots to do with it. I am a single mother paying 730$ in rent and make $1002.00 a month total.

HI, I HAVE GAD (GENERALIZED ANXIETY DISORDER).
EACH PERSON CAN VARY AS TO THE SEVERITY OF THE DISORDER.. BUT FOR ME IT WAS SIMILAR TO WHAT *RAHEL SAID..
I AM CONSTANTLY WORRYING ABOUT THINGS THAT ARE NOT A BIG DEAL.. I HAVE BEEN VERY OPEN ABOUT IT ONLY BECAUSE IT CAUSES AN UNDERSTANDING FOR PEOPLE AS TO MY REACTION IN CERTAIN CASES..

I WOULD GET MAD ABOUT THINGS AND BLOW THEM COMPLETELY OUT OF PROPORTION OR GET MY FEELINGS HURT OVER SOMETHING VERY SMALL.

ALSO WHEN I WOKE UP IN THE MORNING MY DAY SEEMED TO BE ONE BIG PUZZLE OF THOUGHTS.. FOR EXAMPLE.. IF I HAD TO GO TO WORK AND DO LAUNDRY AND THEN GO TO THE STORE.. I WOULD BECOME EXTREMELY STRESSED OUT.. I COULD NOT SEPERATE EACH TASK AND GET THEM DONE.. IT WAS LIKE ONE BIG WEIGHT.. HORRIBLE FEELING.

ALSO I WOULD GET VERY EMOTIONAL.. SUCH AS WHEN MY ROOM BECAUSE MESSY.. I WOULD JUST START CRYING.. WHICH TO ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL WOULD SEEM LIKE NOT A BIG DEAL.

THAT IS WHAT I EXPERIENCE WITH THE GAD. YOU CAN BE PUT ON MEDICIENE (WHICH I DONT RECOMMEND BECAUSE OF MY TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.. SEE LEXAPRO POSTS TO READ ABOUT THAT) BUT YOU CAN ALSO GET THERAPY FOR IT.

FINDING PEOPLE TO BE CLOSE TO AND TALK TO HELPS A LOT TOO.
JUST BE UNDERSTAND WITH PEOPLE WITH IT.

ITS A TOUGH MENTAL BATTLE.

HOPE THIS HELPS. :]