Hi. My husband was diagnosed with anxiety. I notice a couple of months ago that his behavior is not the same anymore but I was not aware that he is dealing with some mental problems. I was able to convince him that he needs to go to the doctor and he listened to me.

Now, when he is diagnosed with it, it seems to me that he is acting even worse than ever. Maybe because he is aware of his disease. I want to know a couple things - Is there a cure for anxiety disorder? Or at least optimal management?

tnx!

It's not going to be that easy. There is not a cure which could simply make someone's anxiety go away. Anxiety is a really complex mental disorder and it takes time and someone's strong will to get over it.

The best thing to start with would be for him to start seeing a psychologist. If you could convince him to do this, it would be great. There are also some antidepressants which he could use but I am not a big fan of medications myself so I wouldn't really suggest him to do this. There is also this new medication called ketamine, people say this one is really good.

Deni is right, in most cases, psychologist is the best option. However, you can try and talk to your husband and together you might be able to determine what is causing his anxiety. If you manage to find this out, it shouldn't be much of a problem to treat it even without a psychologist. You can try and change his surrounding, live somewhere else, maybe meet some new people, travel somewhere or I don't know. The goal is to determine what is wrong, I mean what is causing his anxiety, like I said, once you do that, everything else should be a lot easier.

I heard about ketamine as well, I heard that it is the best possible medication ever made for treating depression. It is still being researched about but so far no bad sides have been found and it showed way better results than any other medications so far. The only bad side, they say, is that there is a chance that you might easily get addicted to using this medication. But that shouldn't be so scary if this medication has no side effects or any bad effects at all, am I not right? You should try and get some more info about this one.

Ketamine is awesome, at least that is what my friend says, he does seem way better after using this actually, and he didn't say anything about the side effects, he says that it just feels awesome. The price varies, if I'm not mistaken, somewhere between 20 to 40 dollars per gram, and you need to take about 75 mg doses once a week, but this depends on how much you weight, you can find the instructions for the dosage on the internet. I don't know, if I was still suffering from anxiety, I would probably tryout this medication and see how it goes.

Good day everyone.

Definitely this sounds like a question for a pro. But whatever he tells you I am sure that it won't be easy to deal with it or to cure it. It is going to be very hard because I am struggling with anxiety for a long time and it won't go away. And trust me, I am in this for years.

Sure, you can try. But don't do anything without consulting your doctor.

But here is what you can try and what won't harm you. Cup of chamomile tea can definitely help calm you down. Some compounds in chamomile works just like Valium. So, one cup before you go to sleep and you will calm down your anxiety. 

You are talking to someone who has numerous of issues because of anxiety disorder. I was using so many medications and trust me, some herbal supplements helped me to relieve from this pain. But anyway, that was not what helped me. Those things that helped me deal with anxiety are - sports, healthy lifestyle, diet program and the best thing happened to me when I changed the environment. I moved away, I changed my life completely and I noticed that this anxiety is going down. Medicines are helpful but I think that some little lifestyle changes are better. Good luck!

You can't just sit and decide with your husband about this - what is the best medicine or way for him to deal with anxiety. That is not possible because you don't even know (according to your story) what is the main cause of his anxiety.

So, next step should be your doctor who is going to try to find the cause and when he does, he will prescribe the best cure for your husband.

I also have heard about ketamine, that ketamine helped a numerous people but again, you can't do anything about it without consulting an expert.

That can be very hard. I didn't completely cured my anxiety during all this ages. I was never using ketamine, so I can't tell you anything about it. So, I agree with everyone who is telling you that you should seek doctors advice, but there are some alternative methods that can help you as well.

For example, do yoga or meditation with your husband. I am sure that he will try to refuse it, but if you tell him that you are going to do it together, maybe he will accept.

Other alternatives are exercises and long walks. Good luck!