I highly suspect that my wife suffers from generalized anxiety disorder - all the symptoms match up. She has actually agreed to counselling because she can no longer go on like this either and the whole situation is very hard to live with. Can anyone tell me what the best drug is for generalized anxiety disorder?

Hi! I think this is a great place to come to learn more about medication. I actually have GAD myself, and for me, lithium has been working great. Words can truly not describe how much better I have been since the lithium. Of course, no medication is suitable for everyone, but for me, lithium has been the answer!

I think that the internet is no place to ask for advice about the best drug for any condition, and it is even more individual with mental conditions such as generalized anxiety disorder. You are better off seeing a therapist or a psychiatrist and getting the prescription you need. Good luck!