I am a teenager, virgin. I find chunky white discharge coming out of me. it is similar to toilet paper, when it rolls up.. I also see that sometimes it is clear and slightly watery in consistency. This is very alarming to me as i do not know what the cause is or how to treat it. Is there any way i can get it to go away on my own? i really do not want to have to tell my parents this, let alone go to a doctor about it. It started last night. The day of I had been a bit active, outside all day, and sweating alot. I do not know if ths provoked it or not. Once again, is there a way to fix this with house hold medicine?

Health Guru
It sounds to me like you just have a yeast infection that's all and you will have to get something from the drug store for it.
Why can't you talk to your mum about it as its something any woman can get and its not sexually related :-)

Hi, blankcanvas is probably right. It sounds like thrush, a yeast infection that us not an STD. Even babies get it. It is easy to treat but you need to get your mum to get a dream from the pharmacist. Talk to her. She has probably had it too. It's very common. Also, although it seems difficult it is going to be important for you to feel ok seeing a doctor about these things as sexual and reproductive health is vital. Doctors deal with these things day in day out. They won't judge you and will be sensitive. But you may prefer to see a female doctor as yoy may feel more comfortable. Once you start being sexually active you will need to start having regular pap smears. These tests while not exactly enjoyable are life saving. I have a friend who would be dead if she hadn't had them.
Anyway, talk to your mum and get the thrush treated. It's annoying but easy to treat. And if it doesn't go away using a cream from the pharmacy you will need to go to the doctor. Don't ignore it though. All the best.